Price Check New Tractor Price... in the ballpark?

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #11  
Junkman .. you're right ... Beet Juice ... however, after having checked it out, I have still to find out just what the composition of this stuff is. Gettin **** in my old age actually. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The site linked in a follow up post in this thread clearly hides the composition through Patent language or else I missed it.

Anyone know exactly what is in "Beet Juice"?

I get real p'eed off when someone wants to separate me from my money and only offers to tell me what it does and how it does it but never what IT IS.

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gettin **** in my old age actually )</font>

The MSDS indicates it's pretty benign. A "0" on all the hazard ratings and "Approved for animal feed use". Now if he was to give you the exact composition, he would be shooting himself in the foot, I think. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark?
Well I spoke with a couple of other dealers, and have a new quote:

L3130HST-F w/ ag. tires $14,300
LA723 Front Loader w/ 72" bucket $3,500
LandPride 72" box scraper $650
BushHog 6' rotary cutter $950
Total $19,400

They will fill the tires for $102. I plan to try to get someone from the dealership to visit my property to advise me as to whether I need filled tires. I'll stick with the lower-priced ag tires, because I don't plan to drive on pavement much if at all.

I sure appreciate everyone's feedback - I feel like I'm getting a good price on a good tractor from a good dealer. Can't wait to start "working" with it!

-Trailblazer

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #14  
<font color="orange"> "I paid $19,200 for an L3130 HST 4WD, LA723 FEL, 5' Bush Hog SQ600 Squeeler Rotary Cutter, Bush Hog SBX 720 Box Blade, Full Tank of Diesel, 3 Gimmie Hats, and delivery (50 miles one way). I did not have to pay tax as the tractor was Ag Exempt. Your price may vary.

Whoops - almost forgot - Tires were R4's with no fill. I did have the dealer add slime at the last minute for an upgrade charge of $160 (10 gallons total)."
</font>

This was Icats post last year. I aways thought his deal would be impossible to beat. It looks close to yours but you got a larger brushhog and he got R4s. Sounds like you got yourself a great deal on a great tractor. Enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #15  
seems like u done real good on the price! is that a HD bucket?

Thanks - I just took BobinCols' negotiation advice above, along with comments about specific dealers from Oregon locals Aloha and Buster57. Again, what a great forum.

Regarding the bucket, I just ordered the std. square back bucket, not the round backed one. Hope I don't regret that decision, but didn't think I'd need a heavy duty bucket.

Trailblazer

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #17  
The standard duty bucket is good for 90% of uses,and it is not cheap.
Special applications I have are moving heavy rock, or putting a cushion on the top of the bucket and watching Samurai Jack with my son. It makes a great serving table or bench.
Sounds like you put together a great package!

I'm glad to hear it's versatile enough to become a piece of furniture after a hard day's work. These machines are amazing!

Footnote: I haven't taken delivery yet, but the dealer drove 25 miles to check out my property because of my concern that I might not be buying enough tractor for my needs. He said a bigger tractor wouldn't be necessary for the work I have to do and wouldn't be more stable on my steep hills. He did say filling the tires would be well worth it.

Here's a guy who spent significant time and effort checking out my situation, and who said "no" when asked "should I buy a bigger (a.k.a. "more expensive") tractor?" Business people like that are not common in my experience, and he has earned a loyal customer.

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #19  
I too am a newbe and am considering a BX23 for use here on my 10 acres in NW Pennsylvania. Mainly I will use it too haul firewood, plow a long driveway out, mow 3 acres, dig drain lines and do general landscaping. I am concerned that the BX will not be strong enough to handle the workload, but from what I have read, everyone seems to indicate it will do the job. I plan on purchasing it with Kubota's mower deck, FL, and back how and adding Yard Pride implements such as the box scapper, rake and rear blade. I would appreciate feedback from those of you who have experince with the Orange machines before making the final decesion.

/ New Tractor Price... in the ballpark? #20  
Forrester,

Chances are the bx will do what you need it to.

What I would do is price both the bx23 and something like the b7510 with backhoe and loader and then make my decision.

Bigger is not always better, but the rule seems to be that you get more pounds of tractor per dollar each time you step up a size...

The main limitation of the bix is ground clearance, in my opinion. With ten acres, my guess is that you would find the B7510 size tractor pretty nice.

Myself, with under 4 acres, two years ago I started looking at the BX22, ended up buying a B2910 tlb, and last summer got a bx2200 as a second tractor.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All it takes is $$$ or financing... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Let us know what you end up doing!