Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #2  
Bird--Great news for Kubota and Texas, Yeeeeeehaaaaaaw.

Charlie

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #3  
I don't know if it's great news for Texas. To lure Toyota, Texas paid more money than they can ever hope to get back

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #4  
Toyota has been in the news a lot... ever since Nummi plant closed in Fremont with production sent to Texas and Canada...

The West Coast had advantage from Asia for Centuries... now, not so much.

The port strike really did damage from San Diego to Seattle and just one more thing...

A lot of West Coast cities are nearly doubling minimum wage, water shortage, restrictions on expansion, power grid issues, etc...

The Panama Canal is already the busiest in the Americas, with 200 million tons of cargo passing through it every year. Now a $5 billion expansion project is set to double its capacity, giving a new lease of life to this vital transport artery. The canal will soon allow ships over a third of a kilometre long to make the journey between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans in just 8 hours

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas
I don't know if it's great news for Texas. To lure Toyota, Texas paid more money than they can ever hope to get back

You just might be right, and of course Kubota got some pretty serious "incentives", too. I sometimes wonder how much "growth" is actually good for an area. Never before in my lifetime have I seen as much construction as we currently have in this area, and it includes all kinds of construction; big, expensive single family homes, huge apartment complexes, offices, warehouses, retail stores, highways and streets. Traffic anywhere in the area is the worst I've ever seen, in spite of lots of new, and wider, streets and roads. But I also can't recall a time when we had rougher streets, potholes, and such.

I'm sure there are those who would say my perception is just because I'm getting old, and I couldn't really disagree with them.:laughing:

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #6  
You just might be right, and of course Kubota got some pretty serious "incentives", too. I sometimes wonder how much "growth" is actually good for an area. Never before in my lifetime have I seen as much construction as we currently have in this area, and it includes all kinds of construction; big, expensive single family homes, huge apartment complexes, offices, warehouses, retail stores, highways and streets. Traffic anywhere in the area is the worst I've ever seen, in spite of lots of new, and wider, streets and roads. But I also can't recall a time when we had rougher streets, potholes, and such.

I'm sure there are those who would say my perception is just because I'm getting old, and I couldn't really disagree with them.:laughing:

Some amazing data from https://www.aei.org/publication/tuesday-afternoon-links-16/.

cowboy.jpg

cahouston.jpg

Steve

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #7  
Coming from a yestercity resident. HS

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #8  
Toyota has been in the news a lot... ever since Nummi plant closed in Fremont with production sent to Texas and Canada... The West Coast had advantage from Asia for Centuries... now, not so much. The port strike really did damage from San Diego to Seattle and just one more thing... A lot of West Coast cities are nearly doubling minimum wage, water shortage, restrictions on expansion, power grid issues, etc... The Panama Canal is already the busiest in the Americas, with 200 million tons of cargo passing through it every year. Now a $5 billion expansion project is set to double its capacity, giving a new lease of life to this vital transport artery. The canal will soon allow ships over a third of a kilometre long to make the journey between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans in just 8 hours
It's not about how long the ships were but how wide. A beam of 106' was max, now with locks widened the new classes of wide beam ships can go through. HS

/ Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #9  
Wish I could move to Texas along with Kubota.

Not that California sucks....well, it kinda does.

Last edited:
   / Kubota's Headquarters Moving from California to Texas #10  
All the things I like about California are still here... it's just my list of things I don't like is growing and a lot of those have to do with tractors, building, farming/ranching and working the land...

If someone has the mind to leave... it has never been a better time with CA Real Estate off the charts...

Was following a 3 bedroom tract home for sale...

After less than a week on the market, picking the best offer only takes a few minutes, which was 13 percent over the asking price, $1.58 million.

“For all intents and purposes, it sold in four days. Pretty much went exactly according to script,”

Silicon Valley Homeowners Quickly Cash Out In Red-Hot Real Estate Market « CBS San Francisco