Do I need to upgrade ???

/ Do I need to upgrade ??? #1  

ethiojazz

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2410, Kubota ZD 326, Kioti DK35SE HST
We are in the process of selling our current home and buying a 10 acre lot which we will probably means we will get horses and maybe even cultivate a few grape vines /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif We currently have a B2410 which has been excellent for our current place, mowing > acre, helped digging a 15x18 pond with a 28 foot waterfall, and moving dirt, mulch, dead trees, snow, gravel... You name it we have done it. After about 2 years it has around 113 hours.

But now we will have almost 7 acres of pasture field, which is currently overgrown with weeds and will need to be brush hogged. Then the driveway is going from about 250 ft to 300 ft( not much change).

Anyone have experience using the 2410 for long hours and for such a large lot ???

Thanks for your inputs...

/ Do I need to upgrade ??? #2  
Ethiojazz,

I have a B2410 and 10 acres. I mow about 1.5 acres of lawn, and bush hog about 5+ acres. It was very overgrown when we bought the place, but now with regular mowing it looks great!

I'd say you should be fine. But if you are able to "buy bigger"...why not just wait until you're on the new land and there is something you can't do with the 2410. If you need larger then...get it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kevin

/ Do I need to upgrade ???
Thanks Kevin....

I appreciate your feedback.

/ Do I need to upgrade ??? #4  
i have a b2400 and 9 acres, do much of waht u want to do, except for the 300ft drive, ut i get tons of snow and have not a problem. but of course each acreage is different, but i would wait till u see if u actually need bigger then go for it.

/ Do I need to upgrade ??? #5  
I doubt if you need to go bigger......

The horses in your future will take care of the pastures.... proper rotation and what not.

I sit on close to 11 acres, with a B7800 and brushhog. Only 3 to 4 are clear, the rest are being "worked" on... I cut once before the horses showed up, and have not bothered since.

I do plan on raking the fields though....

Do you have a rake?

-Mike Z.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif