Price Difference B2650 and B3350

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #1  

abcuster

Tractor
Kubota
After several rounds of negotiations with the my Kubota dealer, I am getting a difference in quotes of $4300 between the models. Would you bite for the higher HP of the B3350 over the B2650? Also is 13% off of list price a good deal? Thanks - hope to order one of these units within the next few weeks. Looking at package of factory cab, BH, loader and front mount snow blower attachments.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #2  
I test drove the the B2650 today and I was pretty impressed with it. I had two dealers tell me they are trying steer ppl away from the b3350 because there have been a lot of issues with them. I'm not sure I'd pay $4300 more for the b3350 over the B2650.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #3  
13% off is very good. Unless you really need more HP (and that depends on intended usage) I'd be going with a 2650.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #4  
If you have to have more pto power then the 3350 might be the better choice. Other than that the 2650 should put enough hp on the ground.

The hydraulic flow is rated the same for both and the only odd spec I saw was the top traveling speed, which could be a mistake on the spec PDF.

You do get around the regen requirements (and extra costs) with the 2650. If it wasn't for the cab you are ordering, I was going to suggest the 2650 or a small L rather than the 3350 with the price difference. Anyway, good luck with your decision.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #5  
I agree with what has been said - if you need extra HP for a larger finish mower or snowblower, then go for the larger machine. If not, then you'll be fine with smaller.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350
Thanks for the input guys - appreciate it!

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #7  
I am currently looking at a B2650 and B3350 also, but the dealership said they wouldn't sell me a B3350 until Kubota work through the emissions issues. They had a B3350 on the lot that was traded back in for a B2650 due to the problems.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #8  
I have a 3350 with no regen issues, the 3350 was less than $3k more thank my best price on a 2650... Including Barlows. For me an additional 7hp is worth it, and I would do it again... I don't want to drop this kind of change and then wish I had more power.

/ Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #9  
I agree too although about the extra HP but price wise I went with the B2650. I am expecting delivery of a B2650HST TLB with cab & Radio/CD/Ipad-Ipod/USB/WB/Blue Tooth, 3rd function valve, Hydraulic rear remote valves 2 lever, 3 point telescoping arms and right side adjuster. I decided to go with the two lever quick attach for ease and equipment options. A 60" MMM", 63" 2-stage snowblower with hydraulic power rotate/deflector, 72 inch power angle plow, (after market) forklift back/42" forks and ballast box. LA534 Loader w/60" bucket, BH77 w/mechanical thumb & 16 inch bucket. After market trench bucket and quick attach accessory from Bxpanded.

:cool2:

Last edited:
   / Price Difference B2650 and B3350 #10  
Considering the cost difference and complexity of the added emissions hardware I'd get the B2650.

HP difference will not matter for the loader and BH. The snowblower would benefit from more HP, but you can always slow down the travel speed or take less of a swipe after first pass if it ever becomes an issue. I had a geared tractor with similar PTO HP running a 5' blower and it was fine.

The other thing to consider is the long term cost of the emission software and hardware should it need attention after warranty. Assuming you plan on keeping the tractor past the warranty period.

Given the history of B3350 emission issues it might hurt resale down the road.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know what you decide.

Last edited: