eBay/Craigslist BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!?

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #11  
Bucky4,

Welcome to TBN, I don't think I need to state anything else about this posting, after reading what everyone else has stated /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Buyer Beware /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The worse part of eBay is that there is no easy way to report fraudulent auctions to them. )</font>

I guess it depends on what you deem as easy, but I have reported violations from this eBay webpage.

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #13  
Thankfully eBay has ended this auction. I have found that if I report these scams to eBay I ususlly get fast results.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #14  
I don't believe that e bay ended that auction, but possibly the seller. If eBay had ended it then they would have deleted the entire auction and say that there is no record of the auction any longer.

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!?
Well folks, all those who said it was a scam can all sleep well knowing they didn't miss out on the buy of a lifetime! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr. California gets the star on the forehead for calling it correctly! (Hope you never learned it the hard way!)

Below is a message I received in reply to my inquiry about the tractor. (Yea, my curiosity got the better of me.) I hope I didn't set myself up for future problems. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Have a good one and thanks for all the replies. Keep the tractor info coming...

bucky4

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2003 KUBOTA BX22 TLB with back-hoe
and loader. I know that are numerous offers on eBay and I'm glad that you choose
to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.

First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Netherlands and I have to
let you know that the tractor is here with me at my farm and it is in a perfect
condition, I am the first owner of the tractor. It is all most brand new Kubota
BX22 sub-compact tractor, loader & backhoe. 22 Engine horse power / 16.7 PTO
horse power. Two range hydrostatic transmission, mid & rear PTO, 48" bucket on
front loader, 12" bucket on six foot backhoe, 18x8.50-8 front bar tires /
26x12.00-12 rear bar tires with only 40 hours on it.

The tractor has a clear title which you will receive it once with it. The
shipping and handling right to your residence is paid by me. You don´t have to
pay duty custom taxes, shipping fees or any other hidden costs. The price that I
am willing to sell it is US $3,000.00 and if you agree with this price we can
start to complete the transaction.

Warm Regards,
Mrs. L Jackson

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #16  
As a dealer, we get the same kind of emails offering to buy equipment that we list on used equipment sites.

The scam works by the "buyer" sending you a check and asking that a portion of that check be forwarded along to their shipping company who will come get the tractor. Turns out that the check that they send is no good and they hope that you forward the shipping money before their check comes back to you.

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #17  
Neil, I know someone that advertised that he had a used tractor ($2500) for sale and someone from Nigeria responded via Email. The buyer said that he had a business acquaintance that owed him money and that he would have him overnight a cashier’s check to cover the cost of the tractor. A day later he received a cashiers check for $5000 via Fedex and a follow-up phone call from the buyer. The buyer said to cash the cashiers check in the morning and wire $2000 back to him in Nigeria. The buyer said to keep $500 extra dollars for his efforts. The seller went to the bank and cashed the check and then wired the $2000. Needless to say the check bouncer 3 days later and he is out $2000. Although the cashier’s check looked authentic, it was drawn on a bank that closed its doors two years ago. He even asked the bank to check the funds before cashing it but they refused. He reported the incident to all of the authorities and the bank but they were no help.

John

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #18  
I have a friend who runs a truck dealership. They were hit by this same scam. When the check was presented, they called the bank it was drawn on in Washington State, asking about the validity.

The guy at the bank in WA heard enough of the info, he interrupted and said "and it's check number XXXX, right?" The forgers had created a good check blank, then reproduced it many, many times to run the scam.

My buddy called the police, and the pickup person must have seen the police, as he never showed up.

BEWARE.

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #19  
I wonder if you ask the seller a question for these bogus auctions if the highjacker of the E-Bay account would add your e-mail address to its list of potential victims? When you post a question to the seller on E-Bay, your email is linked to the question the seller gets so they can respond. The seller then can reference your E-Bay ID from the email address and then try to hack your password. My wife's E-Bay account was highjacked from someone in Canada and it was a pain to get it back. We have since used an alphanumeric password so that these hacker programs that use a dictionary-type of engine won't figure it out.

/ BX22 eBay Auction - Is this too good to be true?!? #20  
I nearly got suckered into the trap. If it's too good to be true, it is!
I was ready to wire $$ to the Netherlands for 2 Kubotas with low hours and the price was, well I could have kept one and sold one and the $$ would have paid for both and for the B7500 I've had 2+ years.
A few days on the road and chatting with Western Union convinenced me this was a scam. I have all the details including name/addy of the person.
He was a "former" Kubota employee and got "preferred pricing" on units.