New Kubotas

/ New Kubotas #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
I have 2 mid 80's Kubotas, a L2250 gear and a B8200 HST. Except for a hydraulic pump on the 2250 they have cost me oil, filters and belts in almost 30 years. I'm shopping the BX25D and the B2601 with like packages. My first impression is they are less substantial units now. Vibration transmitted through unit is noticeably greater. The BX seems more a lawn tractor with drive members mounted to a frame rather than one and other, in line, like a true tractor.
My home is 16 acres with one steep hill I mow up and down only in FWD. Want a BH and will not put a 3 point hitch on the older rides. I did notice the exposed plastic fan on the BX, feel it could be
better shielded. Are these units multi decade use machines still? What's been everyone's survice experience
with late model tractors. Thanks all.

/ New Kubotas #2  
As money does not seem to be your primary concern, let me suggest you inspect a Kubota Grand L 3560.

I had a B3300SU. Very nice tractor. My Grand L 3560, which is hardly bigger than the B3300SU but more than twice heavier, is really luxury in a tractor.

The Grand L engines and chassis are made and assembled in Japan.

KUBOTA LINK: http://www.kubota.com/product/L60/lineup.aspx

/ New Kubotas #3  
I looked at the BX's also but decided on the B2650 instead and glad I did . It has much more ground clearance and easy to get under for service etc.. I use mine for snow blowing , cultivating garden , and cutting grass with a rotary cutter on the out skirts of our lawn area . I have an older M5700 for heavy duty work, like yourself only oil , grease, hyd. fluid and filter changes for the older tractor . I have just over 100 acres , half fields half woods . I don't notice vibration with 2650 but the hst is a quite noisy inside the cab , my M is gear drive .

/ New Kubotas #4  
I had a BX for 9 years with no troubles-1257 hours on it when I sold it. I now have a B2620 for the last 6 years-that has 614 hours on it. I don't know about older Kubotas, never had one.

I do know what a L2250 and a B8200 are- I can't believe that you wouldn't be happy with a B or L. I don't know what you do on your 16 acres-how much mowing, road maintenance, bush bogging, woods work, etc. My B is primarily used on my 9 acre building lot-it is all mowed, some with a zero turn, some with a RFM behind the B2620.

I also bush hog about 5-6 acres on my brother's land, and do about the same on the piece next door that we have a hunting lease on. I plow a 500' driveway in the winter at my current house.

Is my B perfect.? Not really, I'd prefer a L 3560-but that ain't happening with plans for a new home on the lot next year. My 2620 gets it done.

Will

/ New Kubotas #5  
"My home is 16 acres with one steep hill I mow up and down only in FWD."

You're in a rare club here! Isn't there only 3 hills in Illinois?:laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
   / New Kubotas
I live in a town with Hills in the name.😊
The 30 series is a bit large for my mowing application.
I also want a MMPTO. I believe the 2600 series might
work better for me. I've asked for a quote on both the BX and the 2600 Equipted the same.

/ New Kubotas #7  
I actually had the same tractor as you in the L2250 gear drive, and recently upgraded to the L3901 HST. You may want to consider taking a look at the L series. I have actually noticed the vibration to be less, even with the increase in HP. The engine seems a bit quieter and emissions are practically non-existent (all though none of those items were a deal breaker for me, just an added bonus) My main reason for the upgrade was HST and more HP. Glad I made the move, I suspect to get just as many years out of this one as with the last. Good luck in your quest. Here is a pic of the old and new.
DSCN1244.jpg

/ New Kubotas
I don't believe you can get the mid PTO on the L series now. That's a must for me.

/ New Kubotas #9  
I had a hand me down L235 from my dad a few years back , think it was an 81 or 82 with no power steering or anything fancy but it was one heck of a tractor .The hr. meter broke, but it had lots of hours on it , the only thing major done to it was a new clutch and pressure plate . The HP was about the same as my B2650 , wonder if it is the same 3 cyl. eng. . The 235 was in good shape when I sold it 5 years ago for not to much less than what dad paid for it new . I wonder if these newer ones will hold their value as well .

/ New Kubotas #10  
I have 2 mid 80's Kubotas, a L2250 gear and a B8200 HST. Except for a hydraulic pump on the 2250 they have cost me oil, filters and belts in almost 30 years. I'm shopping the BX25D and the B2601 with like packages. My first impression is they are less substantial units now. Vibration transmitted through unit is noticeably greater. The BX seems more a lawn tractor with drive members mounted to a frame rather than one and other, in line, like a true tractor.
My home is 16 acres with one steep hill I mow up and down only in FWD. Want a BH and will not put a 3 point hitch on the older rides. I did notice the exposed plastic fan on the BX, feel it could be
better shielded. Are these units multi decade use machines still? What's been everyone's survice experience
with late model tractors. Thanks all.

Of course no one knows what today's equipment will look like when it's 30 years old. My two Kubs are only 10-12 years old... so far they look and work like new. Suspect they will still be working and reliable in another 20 years, though, even the little BX. The engine, drivetrain and hydraulics for each are proven designs that should last a long time with decent care. It will be up to me to keep all the other bits in good condition also. Truth be told, the two Kubotas will still be working long after I've put away my work shoes for the last time.