Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000?

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #1  

My Hoe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3000HSDCC, BH77, 5' Belly Mower, 6' Hyd. Angle Plow
Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2011 B3000, that already has the "3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT FOR CAB $799.00" and " HYDRAULIC ANGULATION KIT $483.00," to operate the hydraulic angle, factory snow plow.

Is this "3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT FOR CAB $799.00" and " HYDRAULIC ANGULATION KIT $483.00," the same modification that would allow the installation of front remotes, to operate a FEL-mounted front grapple?

If so, what else would be needed, besides the hoses and grapple/bucket combo, itself?

And can anyone "ballpark" the cost of those modifications?
(I realize the cost of the grapple itself could vary widely, depending upon brand/size/style).

And if the current "3RD FUNCTION VALVE KIT FOR CAB $799.00" and " HYDRAULIC ANGULATION KIT $483.00," is NOT what is needed to run a front grapple, could anyone kindly clarify what hydraulic modifications would be needed to run an FEL-mounted, hydraulic grapple?

And (roughly) what would the costs of said mods be, without including the grapple, which again, I realize, could very widely, in cost?

Thanks for you anticipated input.

My Hoe

Last edited:
   / Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #2  
The third function would run a "hydraulic angle snow-plow or a grapple"(price is about right) the hydraulic angle would be on the "snow plow itself" again about the right price.
I have and use both.

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000?
The third function would run a "hydraulic angle snow-plow or a grapple"(price is about right) the hydraulic angle would be on the "snow plow itself" again about the right price.
I have and use both.

nybirdman,

Thank you, so much, for confirming the pricing--that's a big help. :)

But I'm a bit dense, so please bear with me: the tractor already has the "3RD Function Valve Kit for Cab" and the "Hydraulic Angulation Kit" required to operate the hydraulic angle, factory snow plow.

So can I use that SAME setup, to run a set of front remotes, for a grapple, and just get a different "joystick," with a rocker switch built into it, or must I buy a different, "3rd Function Valve," and "Hydraulic Angulation Kit," to operate a grapple (once I buy the grapple and remotes).

I'm just trying to determine if I'd have to spend another $1,400.+, in addition to the price of the grapple and the remotes.

Thank you so much.

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #4  
I'm just guessing, but my thinking is that the 3rd function would be on the loader arms (actually not a guess there) and the "angulation kit" for the factory plow might be an additional valve & remotes for a frame mounted plow, not on the loader arms and actually 2 different items. But it looks like nybirdman has actual eperiance and it is only the actual cylinders for the plow. But that's where I'm asuming that it's not a loader mounted plow but a frame mounted type. I've only ever seen a "factory" plow that was frame mounted.
This sounds like a new tractor, if the dealer can not tell you, look for another dealer. For a grapple, or any other hydraulic attachment for a loader, you'll want the 3rd function that has the outlets or connectors mounted on the loader down by the attachment.

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #5  
If the plow is loader mounted, it is exactly the setup you need to run a grapple. There will be a pair of QDs out on the loader cross tube (or somewhere near the bucket) that you unhook to take the plow off. Plug the grapple lines in here and you are good to go.

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #6  
My current snow plow is FEL mounted;so the same third function operates my FEL mounted grapple(thumb in my case).If you are talking a sub-frame mounted snow plow(where the FEL is removed)the FEL controls operate the motions of the snow plow and no third function needed.
The hydraulic angle kit must be hoses,QD's and a few brackets to relocate the connection locations when the FEL is removed.
I have had both a sub-frame mounted and FEL mounted snow plows and much prefer the FEL mounted.So much easier to remove the plow/bucket(Skid steer QD) than struggle with a sub-frame and FEL storage.

/ Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #7  
Whether or not it has the third function controlled by a switch on the loader joystick is probably less improtant than does it have the hydraulic valve and lines to the loader frame (you want a SSQA loader on this tractor, I would think) just like nybirdman said above. It may be controlled by a two-way lever next to the seat, with center "off" and forward and back to activate the hydraulics. That would work with a grapple. Better yet, post some photos, and I'll bet you'll get some prompt answers!

Whether or not it has the third function controlled by a switch on the loader joystick is probably less improtant than does it have the hydraulic valve and lines to the loader frame (you want a SSQA loader on this tractor, I would think) just like nybirdman said above. It may be controlled by a two-way lever next to the seat, with center "off" and forward and back to activate the hydraulics. That would work with a grapple. Better yet, post some photos, and I'll bet you'll get some prompt answers!

varmint,

Thank you for your sage advice.

(Note to Mods: Upon further reflection, I wonder if I should have put this post under "Kubota Owing/Operating" instead of "Kubota Buying/Pricing." Please advise if you move it--thanks.)

Here are the photos I have at the moment (tractor not here yet):

B3000 Joystick and Valve, and Hyd. Angle Plow:

img.axd
[/IMG]

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

img.axd

Last edited:
   / Will Power Angle Front Plow Valve Allow Addition of Front Grapple, on B3000? #9  
That is a sub-frame mounted plow;you will not need a third function for it.You will have to remove the FEL.

That is a sub-frame mounted plow;you will not need a third function for it.You will have to remove the FEL.

nybirdman,

Thank you for that....perhaps I knew, but did not correctly state, that this tractor already has a subframe-mounted, hyd. angulation plow.

However, in my original post, and in post #3., I was Z(trying to) ask this (in red) question, below:

My Hoe said:
nybirdman,

Thank you, so much, for confirming the pricing--that's a big help.

But I'm a bit dense, so please bear with me: the tractor already has the "3RD Function Valve Kit for Cab" and the "Hydraulic Angulation Kit" required to operate the hydraulic angle, factory snow plow.

So can I use that SAME setup, to run a set of front remotes, for a grapple, and just get a different "joystick," with a rocker switch built into it, or must I buy a different, "3rd Function Valve," and "Hydraulic Angulation Kit," to operate a grapple (once I buy the grapple and remotes).

I'm just trying to determine if I'd have to spend another $1,400.+, in addition to the price of the grapple and the remotes.

Thank you so much.

Complicating this is the fact that the tractor is currently 4.5 hours away, so I can't provide better photos than the ones given above. I was hoping they would help someone be able to I.d. if the existing 3rd Function valve can be adapted to remotes, for use with a front grapple.

Thanks, again.