Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple.

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #1  

Keadog

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4300
I bought an L5740 Cab HST (AC/heat.etc) in 11/13 new as one of the last new ones around at the time. It has around 75 hours (50 hour service done at dealer), quick detach bucket, Titan grapple, 3rd front hydraulics, R4s and weighted rear wheels. My place is VERY hilly and I just find myself using my open station L4300 all the time because it "feels" more stable on the slopes. I did some light grapple work (sticks and a few rocks) when I first got the Titan, but that's mostly finished and I don't plan on moving again in this life,
I'm looking for consensus on "fair" pricing. I don't need to sell nor am I in need of cash, but it just sits in the barn most of the time. I thought the AC would be a big advantage for mowing, but I just hired that out last week. In the last year, I have used it to disc food plots with the seeder on my 4300, so I could change tractors instead of implements. Time saving but not very efficient use of the machinery.
Any helpful advice appreciated. Thanks.

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #2  
Not even broken it yet. Wondering if it has any rear remotes? There are several listed on Tractor House you could compare to. Maybe yours would be just little over $35K?

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple.
Thanks, that's around what I was thinking. No rear remotes, just Pat's easy link. My 2001 L4300 (also bought new) just turned 300 hours, so I'm not a heavy user. Mainly pasture trimming and food plots totaling 3 acres. I overbought and know it; it's my own fault. It's not the first and won't be the last stupid thing I have done/will do.

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #4  
I sure wish I could've found one like as new was a LOT more. I use the heck out of mine set up just like yours on hilly ground and while it sure "feels tippy", it's pretty darn stable. I have fluid and weights.

I can understand keeping the one that fits you best and getting rid of the other. Fortunately we have some open station tractors when needed, but we need everything we have; OK most of it anyway.:)

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #5  
I sure wish I could've found one like as new was a LOT more. I use the heck out of mine set up just like yours on hilly ground and while it sure "feels tippy", it's pretty darn stable. I have fluid and weights.

I can understand keeping the one that fits you best and getting rid of the other. Fortunately we have some open station tractors when needed, but we need everything we have; OK most of it anyway.:)

That will make some luck guy, a heck of nice tractor won't it!

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #6  
Just as an aside, adding some wheel spacers (mine are 1.75" each side) seems to make a big difference in how stable the tractor "feels". You know, "wide stance" and all.

P1010765.jpg

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #7  
That will make some luck guy, a heck of nice tractor won't it!

Yes it will. If I were in the market for a cab I'd probably jump on this one. The vast majority of the time I like working in the open, but occasionally in the winter....

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #8  
For guidance, last winter I got an estimate for trading my L5740. Equipped with loader, rear wheel weights, cab, 2 rear remotes, bucket, radio. Dealer would give me $30k for the tractor after everything was put together and quoted without trade. I would put a selling price of 15% above the dealer's quote so about $35k seems fair. Yours does have the third function and grapple but I'm afraid that unless you get the right buyer, they won't bring a significant premium. I've learned from past experience to try and sell separately. Most people talk about how they got the seller to throw in the accessories like that just to seal the deal.

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #9  
i would price it at $5000 less than you gave for it new.

/ Thinking of selling L5740, bucket and grapple. #10  
Check the options for wheel spacing by rim placement - there's a fairly significant range of widths and thus stability.

As a comparison point we bought a 2013 L6060 HSTC with 300 hrs, loader, bucket, the hydraulic skid steer quick connect on the loader, radio etc. for Cdn. $39k this spring, was Cdn 50k new.
IMG_0687-L.jpg