L3430 capabilities

/ L3430 capabilities #1  

Rick_Taylor

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-425, Kubota L4330HSTC Kubota RTV
I'm looking at buying a new Grand L with cab. The 4330 may be a little heavy on the budget so I was looking at a L3430HSTC. What I need to know is if a 3430 will safely carry and run a Bush Hog SQ84. That's the heaviest attachment I have. Paperwork says 25-50 hp, weight 720 lbs. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ L3430 capabilities #2  
I have a L3430 HST...as far as the weight you will be OK if you have a FEL or counterweights on the front...my backhoe weighs about the same without the bucket and steers real light without front end weight....

Cutting with the 7' mower could be another story, depends on your situation....I use a 6' and do fine as long as the grass isn't too tall and or thick....then you really have to go slow (easy to do with the cruise on the HST)....I just use the 5' when I get behind and let the pasture grow too tall, or I am thinning out the berry patch /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GareyD

/ L3430 capabilities
I will have a LA723 FEL, R4 tires,TNT, 2 pr wheel weights, and am thinking very seriously about the draft control. Tractor will be used to mow using a BEFCO H40 72" flail mower, cleaning up field weeds and plum thickets with the Bush Hog, maintaining ~ 1 1/2 miles of gravel roads using box and rear blades, building RV site pads with road base. I currently have a NH TC40D with ~800 hrs. and was thinking the L4330 was a better replacement. The L3430 idea is only if I can't get a deal I can afford. The first offer wasn't too good IMHO. If the 3430 won't do the job, it's not an option.

/ L3430 capabilities #4  
Rick, just looking at the owners manual (I haven't mowed with my mower yet) on the implement limitation page for a rotary cutter - 72" and 770 pounds for the L3430. The weight limitations go up to 926 pounds (and 72") for the L3830 through the L4630. The L5030 limitations are and 84" and 1058 pounds. Of course there is a note on the bottom of the page that says "Implement size may vary depending on soil operating conditions."

/ L3430 capabilities #5  
I use a 84" finnish mower on my L3830HST and wish I had the 96". While the mower will slow down at times with the 84" in wet grass, it is only a matter of simply backing off on the HST pedal thus reducing forward speed which benefits from the lightened load on the engine and also the slower introduction of more grass needing cutting. Having used my L3830 with the 84", I would not hesitate to use it with a 96". I actually pay no attention to the ratings in the book other then weight. I'm bad! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ L3430 capabilities #6  
The Bush hog 84T would be the mower of my choice. They ride smoother and don't require the front counter weight.

/ L3430 capabilities #7  
Rick
The SQ84 would work if it was a pull model, the lift model would probably overpower the 3 pt. Like Art said, the SQ84T (if you didn't already have the mower) would be no problem for the L3430.

/ L3430 capabilities #8  
Rick, I have a 3430. I am very happy with it. I have a BH90 backhoe which weighs about 1000 or so lbs. The tractor does just fine with it. I would recommend loading the rear tires for additional ballast. I would also ensure that you have a loader attached also. I think the recommended brush cutter width is 60 inches, I could be wrong though. You can put a 72 inch finish mower on the rear.

/ L3430 capabilities #9  
That 4330 gets you a lot more for not all THAT much more $! One more cyl, more torque, enough HP to compensate for HST, LA853 loader, etc. I sure love mine!

/ L3430 capabilities #10  
My experience was different, the L4330 HST was considerably more then a L3830 HST, about $2500+. The LA 853 gets you a little more lift but still the same size bucket. My LA 753 can pick up the fullest heaviest load I can put in the bucket. The biggest advantage of the LA 853 to me is it's lift height. The problem with saying for a little more will get you the next size tractor is that for only a little more, you can have a L48 and it's loader lift is demonstrably greater then the LA 853 and it's bucket size is far greater. It's HP/torque is about the same as that found on the L5030 since it is the same engine. Having downsized from the L48, I really appreciate the new L30 series design regardless of model. The L3130 HST/LA 753 was about $5500 less then the L4330 HST/LA 853 when I last checked which was about last year at this time. I think thats a substantial difference.