Comparison BX models vs. the small B choices.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #21  
Brother started looking at a BX like mine and then a B... told him he needed to think bigger... especially larger tires for his terrain and found a L that was just too good to pass up...

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #22  
Maybe that dealer was confused. You do have to take the 3 point links off - a trivial task - but the backhoe mounting frame stays on the tractor and doesn't interfere with anything on the 3 point or a belly mower when the backhoe is detached. The one exception is if you want a FRONT pto driven implement like a snowblowerthat uses the mid pto since it also requires its own subframe. Good luck with that other dealer!

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #23  
I have looked at all the difference in the BX and the B2601 tractors and I have just stated what the dealer told me. Now I don't know if he just needed to sell more Bx's over the B2601 tractors but I would think they would know what was what. I am going by another dealer tomorrow and I am going to ask the question again to see. I looked at Poopdeck Pappy's tractors corporations and it doesn't say anything about the extra frame for the backhoe nor does it say anything about the backhoe it just talks about belly mowers, tillers, and such things that would hook up to the three point hitch which by the way you can't use if the backhoe is attached to the tractor. Removal is a must to use the three point hitch. I am just saying if this is true about the frame for the backhoe it would be no use for me as I detach my backhoe off the BX22 quite often and if I have to unbolt a frame the B2601 would be of no use to me. As I said I am going to a different dealer tomorrow and ask the question again to see if I get the same answer and maybe they will have one there to look at. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

You didn't look at the "backhoe" tab on the link I gave you. If you click on that tab, you will see that the language I quoted is right there and they are talking about the backhoe. I'm not sure how much clearer they could state it. The backhoe for the B2301/B2601 uses a 4-point quick attach system. You do NOT have to remove the subframe to use the 3 point hitch.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #24  
My friend had a BX and said he would never trade. Loved it!

I got him to look at B2620's. He bought one and sold the BX immediately! He says the B2620 is better in every way than the BX.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #25  
I've currently own 3 backhoes...

BX23
Deere 110
L3800

Of the three, the last one to go would be the BX23

Never tried the b2620 or know anyone with one.

I'm thinking the 3 range hydro is the big difference?

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #26  
I traded a BX25 to a B2620 FEL BH and later traded the B2620 FEL BH to a BX25D-1. The first BX25 was a great machine and the B2620 was a great stronger 3 sp bit heavier and bit more ground clearance machine. The new BX25D-1 makes me wish I had the B2620 FEL BH back due to the changed side for brake pedal and mostly because of the not having dynamic braking. Hate it when it keeps rolling after letting off the go pedal, especially with a front bucket full of gravel coming down hill close to my building where I plan to dump it without running into the building or when loading a plow into a mans new pickup truck and need to inch into the right position.
If I could wave a magic wand or knew that the not stopping when go pedal was released would not be fixed since it is wrong/defect/bad issue I would get my B2620 back and leave this BX25D-1 at the dealer. :2cents:
I've bought around 20 Kubotas in the last 12 years (yes, was a loyal Kubota buyer) and would not recommend anyone buy a BX25D-1 unless Kubota fixes the dynamic braking issue/problem/design.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices.
I traded a BX25 to a B2620 FEL BH and later traded the B2620 FEL BH to a BX25D-1. The first BX25 was a great machine and the B2620 was a great stronger 3 sp bit heavier and bit more ground clearance machine. The new BX25D-1 makes me wish I had the B2620 FEL BH back due to the changed side for brake pedal and mostly because of the not having dynamic braking. Hate it when it keeps rolling after letting off the go pedal, especially with a front bucket full of gravel coming down hill close to my building where I plan to dump it without running into the building or when loading a plow into a mans new pickup truck and need to inch into the right position.
If I could wave a magic wand or knew that the not stopping when go pedal was released would not be fixed since it is wrong/defect/bad issue I would get my B2620 back and leave this BX25D-1 at the dealer. :2cents:
I've bought around 20 Kubotas in the last 12 years (yes, was a loyal Kubota buyer) and would not recommend anyone buy a BX25D-1 unless Kubota fixes the dynamic braking issue/problem/design.

Greetings johnthomas.

1. Does that "free float" when hydro pedal is released show up right away on new units (like at test drive) . . or is it develop as the hours develop?

2. Regardless how much someone is a Kubota fan . . I can't imagine having a unit like that. On my property even an empty fel would be a downhill disaster because brakes are only rear axle and 2wd or 4wd coasting would be unmanageable. How long has this problem existed . . 2 years??

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #28  
Greetings johnthomas.

1. Does that "free float" when hydro pedal is released show up right away on new units (like at test drive) . . or is it develop as the hours develop?

2. Regardless how much someone is a Kubota fan . . I can't imagine having a unit like that. On my property even an empty fel would be a downhill disaster because brakes are only rear axle and 2wd or 4wd coasting would be unmanageable. How long has this problem existed . . 2 years??

I've had this BX25D-1 less than a year. I didn't use it for several weeks after I bought it and never do test drives or haven't until now on new Kubota tractor purchases. I will from now on before accepting. I thought it did it when I was moving it but thought I was confused and parked it. Later, weeks, I sold a 2 bottom plow to a man that came by in his new pickup to pick up the plow. As I was nearing his truck I discovered the BX didn't stop when I released the go pedal and frantically started searching for the moved brake pedal. Didn't hit his truck but moved back and set plow on the ground and three of us picked it up and put it in his truck bed.
I took the BX25D-1 to Barlows for fixing this issue/defect/problem which is about 1 mile from my rental property where I usually kept the tractor stored. I let off the go pedal about 40 feet from the red light in high gear and high speed and it coasted all the way to the red light and I eventually pressed the brake pedal to stop it. After a few days I returned to pick up the BX25D-1 (Other members on TBN forum admitted theirs was also doing this). There is a slight decline on Barlows lot and I got on tractor, went toward the decline and at a mid point released the go pedal and it slowed down but coasted on down to the bottom of the decline. Told them it wasn't fixed and left it for another fix. Came back a few days later and did my test again and it did slightly better and master mechanic was there and told me he adjusted the ??? to the max. I drove it back to my storage building. I tried some of their other BX25D-1s and they do the same thing and they all admitted they do it but no one would ever say it was wrong. I guess I expressed myself clearly that I had owned almost every model of BX and B they had sold and all that were HST did NOT coats after pedal released and got no reply. I'll live with it and told Steve I would and that I will be dissatisfied with it's problem as long as I own it. It's a defect or major bad engineering.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices. #29  
Let me add. It does slow down when the go pedal is released, it just doesn't stop. I go down a gravel drive way loaded and unloaded and of course keep it in 4wd now that I know better than leaving it in 2wd from experience. It will slow down and keep going at a very slow rate but not stop completely ever going down hill and I guess gravity will stop it when I let off going slow on level pavement but it still coasts some which is to far when doing close work and not knowing where it will stop without using the brake. A first time buyer will probably never complain since they don't know it is not supposed to work this way, like the BXxx50 series with the abrupt stop in reverse. I'd owned several BXs and Bs when I bought the BX2350 so I knew it was "wrong" and got compensated $500 because of it. A person having owned a HST tractor before will know this BX25D-1 is "wrong" but most people go with the flow or think it's them or just their machine and won't complain.

/ BX models vs. the small B choices.
Let me add. It does slow down when the go pedal is released, it just doesn't stop. I go down a gravel drive way loaded and unloaded and of course keep it in 4wd now that I know better than leaving it in 2wd from experience. It will slow down and keep going at a very slow rate but not stop completely ever going down hill and I guess gravity will stop it when I let off going slow on level pavement but it still coasts some which is to far when doing close work and not knowing where it will stop without using the brake. A first time buyer will probably never complain since they don't know it is not supposed to work this way, like the BXxx50 series with the abrupt stop in reverse. I'd owned several BXs and Bs when I bought the BX2350 so I knew it was "wrong" and got compensated $500 because of it. A person having owned a HST tractor before will know this BX25D-1 is "wrong" but most people go with the flow or think it's them or just their machine and won't complain.

Greetings Johnthomas,

I think you're being too charitable to Kubota. I see "free coasting" as a real liability for injury or damage. Here's why:

1. The vast majority of riding lawnmowers today (lawn tractors, garden tractors, zero turns) are HST. And of course sub compacts are HST . . so the idea new bx25 owners may not notice if they are 1st time tractor buyers . . won't match their lawnmower experiences for hst.

2. Modest 10 degree and steeper 15 and 20 degree slopes are very common in urban areas and municipal rural areas today. The development I'm in is 90% property owners with such slopes.

3. The current buying base of tractors on a national basis is heavily percentaged to scut and smaller compact tractors.

4. So you add up 1, 2, and 3 and you have large quantities of buyers familiar with HST operation buying scuts to be used on properties with significant slopes on lawns and driveways and open land.

But the rub is . . . brakes are a rear axle item. So going down slopes in 2wd or 4wd depend on their HST drives to provide braking and speed control . . . especially on either damp or fel/blower/plow equipped situations.

In effect . . Bx25 owners are without braking ablity on slope angles fully approved for their operations. I think thats trouble . . big trouble. You had yours repaired twice and it still does something it is not supposed to do. In my case had I gotten a bx25 new this year . . I couldn't use it on most of my property.

Kubota better get a recall going before the personal injury lawsuits start flying. They can't claim they didn't know about this, and the slope angles involved are all fully and completely approved levels of pitch by kubota. Tip overs, injuries, crushed bodies and damaged tractors and damaged/destroyed personal property etc. are all obviously potentials.

Kubota has always been smart on customer issues . . but they are asleep at the switch on this. GM is just finding out what that means (900 million & 2.5 billion & up to a possible 4.5 billion more). Now Bx25s in this last year or two aren't millions of units like GM . . but my example is to show neither the govermnment or classaction attorneys are going to be charitable as you are if Kubota doesn't jump on this. It will cost kubota in lost sales, lost resale value, and legal results . . . all on their most popular product.

Just my opinion.

And lest a reader think I'm overstating it . . just tell your wife the sitution and see how they react. If my wife heard the story . . she'd be very direct . . they fix it or our money back or we call an attorney . . no ifs ands or buts. And why will wives want results luke that? Because they've been reading all the articles about death and injury to those driving tractors and whether they tell us or not . . they want us around longer and they know what we sometimes don't . . . we aren't invincible.

Unlike a sudden stopping problem in reverse etc.. this is a problem that is far more serious and fixable. Every other brand and model has working HST units. Kubota better get their BX25d s fixed before the injury/death toll starts to mount.

Last edited: