Price Check snowblower price

/ snowblower price #1  

astor

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota Bx2230
What do you guys think would be a fair price on a snowblower attachment to my bx2230? I think the model is BX2750B. I have the hydraulics already as I have a FEL. I am thinking I might get a blower here sometime in the future.

Thanks

/ snowblower price #2  
My first thought is to contact about 6 dealers and ask for their price. It might go lower toward July.

Secondly, I can tell you that the B2760 snow blower with the mounting kit (but not the hydraulic valve and post) is $2600 + tax. This blower fits a B2400.

The mounting kit contains brackets, reinforcment plate, (that don't get used if the FEL sub-frame stays on the tractor), hoses and lift cylinder and hardware.

/ snowblower price #3  
Dealer just quoted me a package price that includes the 2650 blower. The quote was for $2850 "includes installation". Time to find another dealer?

Anyway, anybody know what the difference is between the 2650 and the 2750? I noticed that the 2650 was standard on last year's B-series tractors.

Jim

/ snowblower price #4  
From the Carver quote page for the BX, they list the BX Snowblower as follows

<font color="blue"> Front Snow Blower with quick hitch, mid-pto kit and 4 way joystick valve up charge.. add $ 2250.00 when you have a loader </font>

<font color="blue"> Front Snow Blower with quick hitch, mid-pto kit and 4 way joystick valve & stand.. add $2750.00 when you DO NOT have a loader </font>

I take it from that it is $2250 if you already have the loader and a 3-way valve. I don't know what it would be if you had the 4-way already.

Also these prices may only be good when purchased with a tractor, but thought I would share them anyhow.

Good luck,

/ snowblower price #5  
I Just purchased a BX2230 with the LA211Fl-1 loader. Because I already have the loader the BX2750 Snow Blower was $1950.00. If I purchased the Blower not getting the FEL it would have been $2525.00. Note: this was not my initial quote. I did quite a bit of negotiating based on all the information I got by reading this forum…Thank you folks for all the help. I’m having way too much fun blowing an inch of snow here and there to sit down and put my story together for the forum. I will take some pictures and share them as soon as I have some time.

Steve

/ snowblower price #6  
I'd like to add a word of warning here.

First, the newer B tractors like the B7800 & B2410 uses a different mounting kit than the older B models like the B2400. Yes, that's right, the mounting kit for the B2410 is different than the mounting kit for the B2400.

Second, the three way valves are different than the four way valves. When pricing the blower, tell the dealer what type of valve you have. Or better yet, give the dealer the model number of the valve so they can look it up.

Third, installing the blower on a tractor with a FEL subframe will or may take longer, initially. This depends upon the age of the subframe. Older subframes are missing a hole for mounting the blower. I've seen a couple of newer subframes that have this hole in place. My 1998, LA351 FEL subframe did not have this hole. The instructions helped me drill it. It's a tough hole to drill, but I got both of mine done correctly in about an hour.

Fourth, it will take a few hours to get it all put together. I'd say about 3.5 hours max for mine (now that I have done it once). So if a dealer charged $55/hour and booked 3.5 hours, that would be $192.5. So a price of $2850+tax, for the dealer to install it might be ok. But if no drilling is required, then take 1 hour out of the equation. Which gives $137.5 ontop of the $2600. So that's: (137.5+2600)*1.06=$2901.75 I paid 2600*1.06=2756.00 and did my own installation.