Buying Advice is it safe to buy a b3350 yet??

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #1  

dieseldreams

Tractor
searchin'
Hi all --

I am looking at a B3350, and for obvious reasons, its past tier 4 issues concern me.

Speaking with dealers, they say in the past 6 months the issues have subsided -- this is after a stop-sell order from Kubota, when they were ironing on their issues with the unit.

This is quite a long-term purchase for me (just sold my b2400, which was almost 20 years old!), so I want to make sure all is well before signing the dotted line.

Thanks!

Eric

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #2  
Ditto for me. Would prefer the B3350 over the B2650 for a bit more power at the three point but do not want a "pre-fix" model...assuming they have the bugs worked out? Since I live in MN and do not use in the winter will probably wait until spring anyway...assuming no particular fall deals. :) TMR

Hi all --

I am looking at a B3350, and for obvious reasons, its past tier 4 issues concern me.

Speaking with dealers, they say in the past 6 months the issues have subsided -- this is after a stop-sell order from Kubota, when they were ironing on their issues with the unit.

This is quite a long-term purchase for me (just sold my b2400, which was almost 20 years old!), so I want to make sure all is well before signing the dotted line.

Thanks!

Eric

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #3  
we're told its fixed. The issue we had are cold weather related so we won't have some real field trials of that until winter.

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #4  
I have a newer 3350, I have racked up 70 flawless hours...not a single issue. My neighbor has the 2650, nice tractor but the extra horsepower are noticeable.m

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #5  
I have a newer 3350, I have racked up 70 flawless hours...not a single issue. My neighbor has the 2650, nice tractor but the extra horsepower are noticeable.m

Is it the rops or cab model? 2015 model I guess?

/ is it safe to buy a b3350 yet?? #6  
I have an early B3350 (cab) - purchased 11/13, now with just over 270 hours. No problems at all, save for the DPF learning curve - it is a bother trying to avoid using the tractor at lower power levels, or leave it idling for a few minutes.

I went with the B3350 for several reasons, one of which being the turbo as I live at 4800 feet in NV's high desert, so a normally aspirated tractor will have less oomph than spec.

I just took the tractor to the dealer to get the emission upgrades done, though again, I've had no problems in our sort of mild winters (typically dips down only to single digits, rarely negative).

Tractor is pampered, lives in a heated garage that's kept about 48 F.