What's a Used BX25D Worth?

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #31  
I tried a brand new bx25d this weekend and was very disappointed with the hydraulics of this tractor, not enough flow at low rpm. this tractor is less able to do work that my old B6000 1977 unfortunately... Ronald

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #32  
I tried a brand new bx25d this weekend and was very disappointed with the hydraulics of this tractor, not enough flow at low rpm. this tractor is less able to do work that my old B6000 1977 unfortunately... Ronald
I'm confused as to why folks are concerned over the lack of hydraulic power at idle? What equipment should you ever operate at idle. Bump it 500 to 1000rpm (middle range) and working range for me and it has plenty of power to weight ratio. My issues have been more about traction. This thing is a little beast. Sure a bigger heavier more expensive machine can do more work.

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #33  
Ok, I will tell you. But please understand, this is MY opinion. I know there are websites out there with many loyalists that scoff at ANY negative orange comment.
About me,I don't claim to be an expert, but I have operated everything from Lawn Mowers to twin engine Aircraft. In the Heavy equipment world, Craftsman riders to Cat 245 hoes and D-8 dozers. I have hundreds of hours on (the most in fact) on sub 30 hp tractors/ many of them Kubota. I say this to point out that it's not like I have never been on one before. Take it for what its worth.

Now then. IMO The BX25 is basically a lawn mower on Steroids as it is not built like a true tractor. Its a great wheel barrow, but I find it falls short on doing any real work. You need to High rev the engine just to move the loader which I find to be very weak and lethargic on all fronts. It doesn't have enough power to "curl you " out of being stuck. Nor do I find it to have a good power down, I also wished it lifted just a little bit higher. Having the grapple, I will say that I would not buy it again either.(opt for something that attaches to the bucket and clamps.)
The tractor in general doesn't have enough girth too

What would you sell the BX for?

Last edited:
   / What's a Used BX25D Worth? #34  
I agree about the complaints of no flow at idle. Kind of like saying it doesn't float either. Yes its true, but so what.

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth?

It seems I am not alone in the universe.

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth?
I'm confused as to why folks are concerned over the lack of hydraulic power at idle? What equipment should you ever operate at idle. Bump it 500 to 1000rpm (middle range) and working range for me and it has plenty of power to weight ratio. My issues have been more about traction. This thing is a little beast. Sure a bigger heavier more expensive machine can do more work.

Its more of a complete annoyance than anything else. how many times have you been off the tractor and needed to move the bucket or curl it? AND YES... you should be seated,belted, wearing work boots, safety glasses, and hearing protection; but here in the real world......
Anyway, I don't like having to use WOT on this tractor just to operate it. Tractors of yesteryear had foot throttles (I understand why a hydro does not.)

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #38  
So what is this tractor worth is the original question. It's Like selling a new car right after buying; the price is what someone is willing to pay based on mileage or, in this case, hours and of course condition. If trading in to the dealer for another (car) or tractor, value is less as the dealer needs to resell and make something from his sale. If a private sale ensues whereby shipping will be needed, the actual selling price would be effected for most, I would think. Being local I could be interested here, but don't need another tractor with a backhoe and why the 2370 or 2601 have my interest...As for the seller here, I can sympathize somewhat with his issues because many years ago I had bought a very small 18hp tractor much like his but not HST and with FEL/ BH attached only to be disappointed later. The dealer tried to tell me it was to small at that time but I did not listen because price was my main focus then, not my needs; big mistake! Later, after about 150 hours of use, I was able to sell it to a nursery fellow who loved it for planting trees and ease of mobility with his pickup truck and light trailer. The much heavier 25hp tractor/FEL/BH that replaced that one is still going strong here after 38 years allowing me to retire my Dads JD 1020 to parade use only.

Ricn

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #39  
Its more of a complete annoyance than anything else. how many times have you been off the tractor and needed to move the bucket or curl it? AND YES... you should be seated,belted, wearing work boots, safety glasses, and hearing protection; but here in the real world......
Anyway, I don't like having to use WOT on this tractor just to operate it. Tractors of yesteryear had foot throttles (I understand why a hydro does not.)
Okay I will admit I occasionally mess a bit with the FEL while I am off the tractor, but the only time my tractor is at idle is when I first start it or I know I am going to off the seat for an extended time. Otherwise it is running at about 2K and there is plenty of hydraulic pressure. WOT??? I have never been there with mine... not even close, in fact I don't even know what RPM that is.:confused: I'm rarely above 2500rpm and if so, barely. Maybe I should see what see what she sounds like and if I can actually get any additional work out of her.

/ What's a Used BX25D Worth? #40  
Your safest bet might be going to the dealer and trading up. I wouldn't tell him that right off, I would stop in and tell him how disappointed I was in the machine which sounds true enough. Now if the dealer helped you pick that size machine they might be more inclined to work with you than if you just walked in with your checkbook and said I want a BX with this and that gear.

A B series is a much better work machine other than for light landscaping and lawn mowing. Oh, they'll mow just fine but they're bigger and less maneuverable and will leave marks in the lawn at times. I have 11 acres and I mow a portion of it with a B3200 and the 60" MMM deck, it's not ideal but I didn't want two machines and I already knew I needed a bigger machine for the kind of driveway road maintenance on my 1/10th mile long driveway with hills. The last two winters of ridiculous snow fall have challenged the **** out of my B series. Well that and I over used the snot out of the FEL diggling shale rock to depth enough for a half way decent sized garden. I have the 504 loader if I remember right. I am not sure that is usable on the smaller B series. I think it fits the L and the B32 and B33's.