Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #1  

Chuck K.

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 M59 w/thumb
Not many details but I have a few pics to prove its legit..

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #2  
M62? This something new or do you mean the M6?

I have the brochures for the M5, M6, and M7

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #3  
Replacement for the M59?

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out?
Replacement for the M59?
That's my take on it, Seems they turned up the power a little and added 2' to the BH and had to meet tier 4 emissions. Still trying to find out the rest of the specs.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #6  
Press release

Kubota expected approximately 4,000 dealer personnel at its National Dealer Meeting in Atlanta, Oct. 11-16, where the company introduced a number of new products, including two new tractor-loader-backhoes, a compact track loader and more.

The new L47 and M62 tractor-loader-backhoes

Kubota introduces two new 4WD loader and landscaper utility tractors, the L47 and M62, replacing the L39, L45 and M59 models in this line, available as either tractor-loaders (TL) or tractor-loader-backhoes (TLB). Both new models offer more horsepower than ever before, with more versatility and an improved operator experience for landscaping to construction jobs. Powered by Kubota diesel engines and hydrostatic transmissions, the L47 boasts 47 gross horsepower and the M62 boasts 63 gross horsepower.

The L47 and M62 offer optional cabs to protect the operator from the elements, complete with heater and a new design that offers a 27-percent increase in space at the operator’s feet while operating the backhoe. Side-positioned loader controls provide operator ease and at-a-glance information when using the loader or the backhoe. The L47 offers a newly designed backhoe with a digging depth to 10 feet. And the backhoe for the M62 offers 14-foot digging capability, providing an extra 2 feet of digging depth over previous models, making it an excellent choice for customers looking to upgrade their backhoe performance, while still benefiting from a smaller TLB machine. When it comes to comfort, both models offer improved foot room for the operator, a larger LCD screen, added throttle-up button, and a boom lock for easy and safe onsite maintenance.

Fuel tank capacity has improved on these new models, with the L47 and M62 each offering a 17.7-gallon tank, which offers 22 to 49 percent more capacity than the previous models. On the M62, the newly designed quick coupler allows compatibility with certain Kubota excavator buckets, making it more economical and versatile on the jobsite.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #7  
Photos of L47 & M62 TLB's

Press release

Kubota expected approximately 4,000 dealer personnel at its National Dealer Meeting in Atlanta, Oct. 11-16, where the company introduced a number of new products, including two new tractor-loader-backhoes, a compact track loader and more.

The new L47 and M62 tractor-loader-backhoes

Kubota introduces two new 4WD loader and landscaper utility tractors, the L47 and M62, replacing the L39, L45 and M59 models in this line, available as either tractor-loaders (TL) or tractor-loader-backhoes (TLB). Both new models offer more horsepower than ever before, with more versatility and an improved operator experience for landscaping to construction jobs. Powered by Kubota diesel engines and hydrostatic transmissions, the L47 boasts 47 gross horsepower and the M62 boasts 63 gross horsepower.

The L47 and M62 offer optional cabs to protect the operator from the elements, complete with heater and a new design that offers a 27-percent increase in space at the operator痴 feet while operating the backhoe. Side-positioned loader controls provide operator ease and at-a-glance information when using the loader or the backhoe. The L47 offers a newly designed backhoe with a digging depth to 10 feet. And the backhoe for the M62 offers 14-foot digging capability, providing an extra 2 feet of digging depth over previous models, making it an excellent choice for customers looking to upgrade their backhoe performance, while still benefiting from a smaller TLB machine. When it comes to comfort, both models offer improved foot room for the operator, a larger LCD screen, added throttle-up button, and a boom lock for easy and safe onsite maintenance.

Fuel tank capacity has improved on these new models, with the L47 and M62 each offering a 17.7-gallon tank, which offers 22 to 49 percent more capacity than the previous models. On the M62, the newly designed quick coupler allows compatibility with certain Kubota excavator buckets, making it more economical and versatile on the jobsite.

Cab, 2' more digging depth, 6 speed in an HST, 14' is a huge hoe, almost a full size, a lot to like, wow. But will it cost the same as a full size hoe? I hope they put a 12.5 x 16.5 tire on the M62 front and the 10 x 16.5 on the L47 with 43 x 20 rear.
My L39 certainly could use more hp and larger front axle.

Attachments

• 0815_M62_TLB_BackHoe_(640x360).jpg
    0815_M62_TLB_BackHoe_(640x360).jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 0815_L47_TLB_4n1Bck(640x360).jpg
    0815_L47_TLB_4n1Bck(640x360).jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 1,036
Last edited:
   / Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #8  
Press release

"..........And the backhoe for the M62 offers 14-foot digging capability, providing an extra 2 feet of digging depth over previous models, making it an excellent choice for customers looking to upgrade their backhoe performance, while still benefiting from a smaller TLB machine."

That reminds me that the backhoe on the M59 is a quick detatchable type so that the optional 3pt can be used. That's a handy feature coupled with the stock M59 hoe being a wonderfully beefy removeable hoe which the tractor has no difficulty handling.....but two more feet would be nice. I wonder if the M62 hoe will fit the M59?
And if so, what would one ever do with the old M59 hoe? Although the M59 was offered without the hoe attachment I've never heard of one being sold that way.
rScotty

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #9  
That reminds me that the backhoe on the M59 is a quick detatchable type so that the optional 3pt can be used. That's a handy feature coupled with the stock M59 hoe being a wonderfully beefy removeable hoe which the tractor has no difficulty handling.....but two more feet would be nice. I wonder if the M62 hoe will fit the M59?
And if so, what would one ever do with the old M59 hoe? Although the M59 was offered without the hoe attachment I've never heard of one being sold that way.
rScotty

Glad to see these TLB's continue in production and being upgraded. Probably not high volume products - especially the 59/62, but pretty unique and a great value for certain requirements.

/ Any one heard of the new M62 coming out? #10  
The cab is a huge step in the right direction. But I'm sure they'll price themselves into a corner. There needs to be more brand competition in this segment.
The M59 already tipped the scales I'm sure a full optioned M62 will be in the range of a small Case or Terex.

Matt