1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #1  

tdfontaine

Tractor
Cabela LM43 HST
I am in the market for a TLB and looking at a Kubota L35 at an estate auction this weekend. It is a 1995 L35 with backhoe and looks like it has been used by a private party to maintain their property. Hours are about 1800 and looks like it has been stored inside. The auctioneer says they are using it around the property and it runs well but obviously I need to verify that for myself. I am inspecting it on Friday (auction is on Saturday) and I have a couple of questions.

Is there an inspection check list that someone has that I can reference when inspecting?
What is a fair price for a 1995 L35 with 1800 sold at an estate auction without really knowing the history or maintenance records?

We are in the market for a TLB because we are building a house next year and plan to use it to help with some excavation (big excavation jobs to be done by professionals, not me), tree and stump removal, driveway maintenance, move building materials with pallet forks, etc. Post construction it will be used to maintain the property, remove dead trees (we are in Colorado and have lots of dead trees from the beetle infestation), help build a shop

Thanks for any pointers or help!

L35 backhoe.jpgL35 .jpg

Last edited:
   / 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #3  
An L35 is geared more as a piece of construction equipment compared to a regular Kubota tractor with a back hoe on the back. I would think it would go for more than the above listed 11k. I'd say the one you are looking at is low hours but I can't really say what its worth. You might look on Tractor House website to see what they are listed for.

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #4  
Today on auction time one brought 10,000 with 1400 hours most tractors on that site seem low priced. the TLB line of kubota's are bullet proof as long as the tractor shifts smoothly and don't have blow by should be a good tractor

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #5  
My amateur's advice would be to look at the fluids, and evidence of timely service. Operation of the backhoe and loader, obviously, and review Tractorhouse, as was mentioned, for starting prices. L35's certainly appear to be workhorses! Good luck Sat.

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #6  
Also check on the availability of the 3pt arms etc.
Those are pricey.

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #7  
The L35 is built like a tank. Besides the obvious, checking oils and fluids, check the pins for slop and the greaseable joints for grease. Make sure it shifts ok and look for the 3 point linkage. Also note the condition of hydrolic hoses as well as tires. I think that anything under 14k would be a decent deal if all visuals check out.

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #8  
I bought a 1998 L35 five or so years ago and it had 380 hrs, stored inside and like new and paid 15K.

They made the L35 almost exactly the same for many years and it does have a reputation for being a very tough and durable little TLB, but still make sure everything works.... 4X4, diff lock, PTO, gears all hydraulics.

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction
Thanks for all the comments and things to check. I am doing the pre auction inspection on Friday and will let everyone know how it goes. It's an estate auction so could be a bidding war or nobody really interested.....of course I'm hoping for the latter :)

/ 1995 Kubota L35 Estate Auction #10  
I am in the market for a TLB and looking at a Kubota L35 at an estate auction this weekend. It is a 1995 L35 with backhoe and looks like it has been used by a private party to maintain their property. Hours are about 1800 and looks like it has been stored inside. The auctioneer says they are using it around the property and it runs well but obviously I need to verify that for myself. I am inspecting it on Friday (auction is on Saturday) and I have a couple of questions.

Is there an inspection check list that someone has that I can reference when inspecting?
What is a fair price for a 1995 L35 with 1800 sold at an estate auction without really knowing the history or maintenance records?

We are in the market for a TLB because we are building a house next year and plan to use it to help with some excavation (big excavation jobs to be done by professionals, not me), tree and stump removal, driveway maintenance, move building materials with pallet forks, etc. Post construction it will be used to maintain the property, remove dead trees (we are in Colorado and have lots of dead trees from the beetle infestation), help build a shop

Thanks for any pointers or help!

View attachment 446243View attachment 446242

If all mechanicals checks out look also at hoses, pins and underside carefully. If in good shape , your lucky, as you can spend thousands on stuff like that.

A great idea getting this tractor, you will not regret it.

In New England it would sell for $15K.