Price Check 1st post asking for B2601 price check

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #1  

Burgie

Tractor
Kubota B2620HST w/ FEL,
Good evening folks,

I live outside Colorado Springs and am looking to buy a new Kubota 2601 with FEL and 50" tiller. Here is the price per my local dealer:

B2601HSD 26HP 4 WD Tractor with Industrial Tires & LA434 Loader $18,416.00
RTR 0550 Reverse Till Rotary Tiller $2,309.00
Block Heater N/C
Rebates - $1,400.00
Tax @ 3.9% $753.68

Total Price Delivered to You $20,078.68

Thoughts and opinions? I don't know what type of margin in involved with compact tractors so I am not sure if this is a good deal or not? My gut tells me there is room for improvement...

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks...

Burgie

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #2  
I got a quote from my local dealer for $15,800 with the quick attach bucket. South AL

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #3  
Hard to say because prices vary by region. I'd guess they may have a few hundred to $1k to move based on what I just paid for mine and what Al, said. But, I am closer to AL than you. I called 3 dealers and emailed Barlow in KY for a quote. I got my dealer to come down and upgrade the brush cutter based on another dealer's quote.

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check
Thanks for the replies folks. I am going to negotiate and do some price quote requests from other dealers for comparison. Another option, if they remain firm on the price, is to negotiate to have them kick in an additional 2 years of warranty. On the "Build My Kubota" site 2 extra years of warranty is $1300 so I'll push for the additional coverage.

My feeling is this: if Kubota feels that strongly about product quality then throwing in an additional 2 years extended warranty is merely a paperwork drill to appease me, the customer. I can see them balking if I was a business but as a homeowner using it on my 1 acre property they may be more inclined to throw it into the deal...

Or maybe not :p:p:p

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #5  
Not sure if they can do warranty. That may be Kubota corporate and not up to dealer to negotiate. If there are other implements you need they may be able to work that way easier. Mine dropped the tractor and loader prices and gave me the heavier cutter for the same price as the lighter one.

Also, the rule of thumb from what I've heard from other members is 10 - 15% off Build My Kubota price.

Good point, Prichard, regarding warranty coming from corporate!! Hmmm...maybe a box scraper or disc harrow!!!

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #8  
Just curious, but your price reflects how much off the total list (ignoring tax, of course, since that is Caesar's due)?

Seems like posters here often state that 10-15% is what you hope for. Since it's a Kubota, the extra warranty probably won't factor in any event- they don't break much. Now, getting them to throw in the fluids and filters for your first major service would be cool... Oh, and get a SSQA loader bucket! You'll be glad you did, I think.

Hello again,

Today I visited my dealer and shook hands for the B2601 I mentioned above and in addition to the tiller I got a 54" box scraper. The list on the box scraper was $648 and they took $400 off it and walking out the door my final price reflected about 5.2% under the Kubota "Build My Tractor" website pricing. It is a great dealership with friendly and courteous folks and I walked away happy with the deal I received. I cannot speak to the 10% - 15% statements from other threads in the forums but that seems unrealistic to me, albeit a tractor, ATV, car, truck or other equipment. Delivery should be Tuesday as I go up Monday to sign the formal paperwork. I'll post some pics after it is delivered!!!

Thanks folks!!!

/ 1st post asking for B2601 price check #10  
Grats Burgie!!