Buying Advice 2007 Kubota B3030

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #11  
I agree with bp fick, $3500 will buy a fairly nice consumer mower that will be easier, faster, and better around obstacles.

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #12  
Depending upon how many A LOT of trees are I'd recommend getting a good quality ZTR and skip mowing with the tractor.

SODAK: If you are in good shape financially, 45/70's is the best mower recommendation you will read. Some wives love to mow on a Zero Turn.

Last edited:
   / 2007 Kubota B3030 #13  
Have a B2910 with MMM ... I'd agree with others: it's a PITA to put on/take off ... if I had it to do over again I'd go with a RFM ... or even more ideally, go with a machine dedicated to mowing (zero-turn or front-mount)

How many acres are you mowing ?

/ 2007 Kubota B3030
I have a 60" zero turn that is well past it's prime and is probably 30%+ of my justification for getting a compact. I suppose I could continue to maintain that and get one for the 3 point on the B3030 for the rest. I'd say there are probably 3-4 acres where I have trees to mow around, and another 6-7 without (some of which is pasture that I will hopefully turn to hay once the thistles are under control).

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #15  
If you used the ragged out ZTR to mow one pass around the trees it would greatly simply mowing with the finish mower. That is a lot of mowing, but a 72 finish mower should be able to cut it pretty quick.

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #16  
"That said, I suppose the HST + rear finish mower I assume will still be a great deal less painful than the 5' bush hog I am used to using on the family's old Ford 8N."
Whole new ball game. HST with rear finish mower is excellent for backing under trees. Put a rear view mirror up and it's even easier. I sometimes wish I had a 6' belly mower again but for your application I'd say rear finish mower. Land pride mowers have curved sides so a 6 footer will bounce off most obstacles. The wider width makes it easier to trim around fences also.

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #17  
I have a 60" zero turn that is well past it's prime and is probably 30%+ of my justification for getting a compact.
I have a Simplicity CFC 18 (Commercial Front Cut) zero-turn with a 46" deck in addition to the B2910 with 72" MMM ...

It's a mid-1980's unit with a 2-stage chain reduction drive (PITA to maintain) ... I just spent around $400 this past year to replace most of the sprockets and chains. Really wish it had the larger deck (60" or 66") ... hated to spend the money on something that old, but as 4570Man states it is very useful for trimming around trees. I wouldn't want to rely on just the B2910/MMM alone. Plus we use it to haul a small (dump cart) and a watering rig.

I suppose I could continue to maintain that and get one for the 3 point on the B3030 for the rest. I'd say there are probably 3-4 acres where I have trees to mow around, and another 6-7 without (some of which is pasture that I will hopefully turn to hay once the thistles are under control).
You'd be mowing about double the amount of acreage of what I am.

Assuming that you have other uses (projects) for the B3030, and assuming you plan to mow on a regular basis (weekly ? bi-weekly ?), I think you'd find installing/removing the MMM regularly to be a bit of a PITA. You can pin the MMM deck up ... but even that is a bit of a PITA ... and it will still reduce your ground clearance.

Personally, I'd look at getting a Quick Hitch for the 3PH ... which makes changing implements much easier.

I also wouldn't load the tires, if you plan on mowing with the B3030 ... just stick an implement on the 3PH if you need a counter-weight for loader work.

/ 2007 Kubota B3030 #18  
Hello! I am very close to purchasing my first tractor. It is a 2007 B3030HSD that has under 400 hours, industrial tires (60-70%), and a loader. The hydraulic pump was recently replaced by the dealer. I can get it for just under $13,000.

As you have revealed this is an auction source tractor, I would not pay more than $10,000 for it.

I would NOT assume the recorded engine hours are correct.

Two new rear tires will cost $700 installed, filled with air.

I would make sale contingent on satisfactory-to-buyer inspection by a tractor mechanic.

Auction anything is BUYER BEWARE, NO WARRANTY.

My purchaser had my B3300SU service log and checked up on me and the tractor at the local Kubota dealer, where tractor was serviced. Tractor was stored inside with humidity control. No rust nor paint oxidation at all.

NEW may be net cheaper for you than AUCTION.

Last edited: