used 2005 bx23

/ used 2005 bx23 #21  
Turf and Industrial might be possible to match the rolling circumference of the factory tires but you should research the original size and circumference of both to make sure they are a perfect match otherwise the transmission could have sustained damage from the use of two different sized tires.
I suspect that the R4 were put on to handle a heavier load on the front but If the sizes don't match the original R4 or Turf exactly (within 5% is allowable) then I would shy away from that tractor. I think the price is very high for a 11 year old tractor. I think he is asking original purchase price of the tractor.

Mine's a 2004 BX23TLB and it was almost 19k new, same machine with a MMM..Kubota insurance has the insured value of mine in the mid 13's...450 hours on mine. So if it's in very, very good condition it doesn't seem all that out of line. I see them in the paper around here once in a while in that price range and they don't last. It does sound high to us but it seems that they are bringing it.

I keep mine in a climate controlled garage and it pretty much looks like the day I bought it. I take very good care of that thing.

/ used 2005 bx23 #22  
david_k any info on the waterproof switches? are they direct snap in dash and how about elec connections? years ago had a web site that I think were direct boat replacement but never could find distrib in usa think European manf. thanx

/ used 2005 bx23 #23  
Ah I miss my BX23TLB and I still have regrets on trading it for a B3200 TLB, then to a Grand L3540 which I do love. Still I'm always thinking maybe I should have kept the 23, it did everything I needed done and never had an issue with it at all, Oh memories.
DevilDog

/ used 2005 bx23 #24  
david_k any info on the waterproof switches? are they direct snap in dash and how about elec connections? years ago had a web site that I think were direct boat replacement but never could find distrib in usa think European manf. thanx

Same form factor for hole and connector, instead of the oval inset rocker button with no seal there is a squarish rocker inset a little and underneath the rocker is a post going through the rubber seal to actuate the contacts. I have made the older ones last longer by drilling holes in the bottom of the housing so the water drains.

David

/ used 2005 bx23 #26  
The BX23 is a great tractor. My father has one that he uses hard and has been bullet proof. I bought a BX22 brand new way back when and sold it with 200 hours... Wish I never did. If the tractor is clean, 12k may be a bit high, but typically you get what you pay for. You could spend months looking around and try to save a couple dollars, and end up not finding anything better .02