BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #1  

Howard92

Bronze Member
Tractor
B2920 Kubota, GT275 Deere
I've called a couple of Kubota dealers to get pricing for a BH65 and sub-frame for my 2012 B2920. They all seem to be about the same price. Do they ever put these things on sale or offer specical financing? Are there any dealers offering lower pricing? I should have bought it with the tractor; lesson learned.

Thanks,
Howard

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #2  
What price range were they asking for the bh65?
I had one with a B2920 and buying with is usually less as you stated. Did you consider getting a price on a Woods BH for your tractor, at least for a price comparison? There are a couple other aftermarket brands you could research. They come in orange.

Were you thinking of installing the package yourself? I doubt they go on sale so to speak and special kubota financing just on BH...would also not seem likely.

The best you can do is keep looking for a good deal since you have a baseline price. Maybe a small dealer has one stocked they need to unload would be about the best you could encounter. Good luck in your search.

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #3  
I bought mine from a guy that wasn't using his. He bought it as a package with his B2920. I saved some money, but he kept the reversing seat.

I think my deal was rare and rather lucky to find.

I was going to build a backhoe to save money but my wife said why don't you just buy one. She agreed to pay half.

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice
They all are talking right around $7,500 for the bh, sub-frame, 16" bucket and me installing it. As I recall, it was about $5,400 3 years ago as part of the package when I bought the tractor. I let my wife and the salesman talk me out of the bh and I have regretted it ever since. I think the Woods is about the same money.

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #5  
I guess keep looking for a better deal. You are less than 200 miles from Barlow's, I would call them for a price comparison...see what they would do with you installing (or them).

I see they have a 2920 with less than 200 hours, maybe you can work a trade.

That was a good price at the time, 3 years later too bad your original dealer wouldn't give you a little better price. I would think if it was less than a year they probably would be a more flexible, but after three years price increase, dealer profit, etc. and that deal is gone.

Trade it in on a bigger tlb, that would show em!

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #6  
As I recall, it was about $5,400 3 years ago as part of the package when I bought the tractor.

Thats under dealer cost. Can't be right.

Woods has some really compelling prices on their BH70 backhoe. I'd take a look at that.

/ BH65 Kubota BH Buying Advice #7  
last year in may 2015 i bought my new bh77 installed for $8500 if that is any help. it was installed on my used b3200.