Buying Advice Backhoe for B2400

/ Backhoe for B2400 #1  

Gomez

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400
I'm looking for a backhoe for my B2400. I received a quote a few years ago for a Woods BH70X. I see that Woods no longer make the BH70X, but they still have a BH80X. Looking at the PTO HP requirement, the BH70X was within the range, but the BH80X requires 2 more HP than the B2400 has. I see some BH70X's available on ebay.
So I have a few questions:

1) Is the BH80X too large for a B2400?
2) is the BH6000 more for a sub-compact?
3) Does the mid-mount mower need to be removed when using the BH?
4) Is it better to have the PTO pump instead of using the tractor hydraulics?

Thanks

/ Backhoe for B2400 #2  
Not sure on your B series since I have a L series. This is only my thoughts the 6000 would be a better match than a 80 for the b series. I previously had a Woods BH7500 on my L3700SU and it ran off the tractor hydraulics now have the Kubota BH 77 and it also is off tractor hydraulics. These are well suited to the size and weight of the L. Does Kubota offer a sub frame kit by chance for the B series? Just my 2 cents and I am sure others will be along that are B series owners.

/ Backhoe for B2400 #3  
Are you planning on getting the subframe from woods? If so they should be able to answer the mower compatability. I would say the bh80 is a bit much for your B, the bh70 would be good size, it's not the HP that's the problem but the power and weight of the BH. It's a lot better to go smaller then bigger in size, never seen a tractor damaged from a smaller than recommended BH.

I run my BH off the tractor hyd. and am pretty happy with performance, mine is about the size of the BH70.
PTO pumps do add another resivoir of fluid to maintain, find out your tractors pump output, if it's below 4.5gpm for the implements then I would go for the pto personally.

/ Backhoe for B2400 #4  
I have the BH-6000 on my B7510, with the 4 point hitch which I would highly recommend. It runs of the tractor hydraulics with no issues. I agree with the other posters that the BH80 would be oversized for your tractor. What would you like to do with the hoe? I dug out stumps, drainage ditches, foundation drainage and I hope many more things. The BH-6000 is not an excavator, but in saying that it can lift the backend on my B7510 up and throw it around with ease. If you looking for a backhoe, you cannot go wrong with woods.

/ Backhoe for B2400 #5  
I'm looking for a backhoe for my B2400. I received a quote a few years ago for a Woods BH70X. I see that Woods no longer make the BH70X, but they still have a BH80X. Looking at the PTO HP requirement, the BH70X was within the range, but the BH80X requires 2 more HP than the B2400 has. I see some BH70X's available on ebay.
So I have a few questions:

1) Is the BH80X too large for a B2400?
2) is the BH6000 more for a sub-compact?
3) Does the mid-mount mower need to be removed when using the BH?
4) Is it better to have the PTO pump instead of using the tractor hydraulics?

Thanks
I've a B7610, BH70-X, w/ frame and 4 point mount but no MMM.
I think the BH80X would be a little big for the B2400.
I bought the BH70-X because I wanted to be able to dig a hole deeper than I was tall, the Kubota offering and BH6000 were too small.

Unless you absolutely HAVE to have it attached to a tractor for mobility look at mini-ex's. I wanted a tractor mounted to be able to take it far into the forest for trail maintenance and the mini-ex's move to slow.

/ Backhoe for B2400 #6  
The BX80 is def too big for your 2400.Also woods numbers their hoes as to dig depth the bx60 digs aprox 6ft the BX70 7ft and the BX80 8ft Ive had a woods 650 old number for the BX60 on a Iseki Bolens g214 21hp 4x4 worked great.Ive also had a woods750 old number for the BX70 used it on a 45hp tractor a little small for it but still had enough power to rock and roll my tractor.The BX80 would probably be perfect for my 45 horse

/ Backhoe for B2400 #7  
Looks like Woods replaced the 70x with the BH75, the Woods BH65 would be most comparable to the factory BH for this size tractor.