GR2000G Problems & Reliability

/ GR2000G Problems & Reliability #1  

Bucky4

Silver Member
Tractor
'03 L3130, '06 BX24, '11 RTV1100
Looking to purchase a 2005 GR2000G. Asking price is $3k. Good or bad?

I tried doing some research on them, but have had virtually no luck in finding anything current, especially about problems & reliability. I did find one site where someone briefly mentioned they had weak trannys. I was surprised to read that considering it's a Kub and not a box store cheapie with a TT K46 transmission.

Anyone know anything about them or point me in a direction to look?

Thanks, Bucky

Last edited:
   / GR2000G Problems & Reliability #2  
Also search GR2100, same unit but with diesel engine. I believe the early GRxx00 units has issues with glide steer cables and needle bearings in rear axle. I believe these issues did not get sorted out until the GRxx20 series. Good luck, Philip.

/ GR2000G Problems & Reliability
Thanks Philip8N for the tip. Searching the GR2100 located a lot of information; unfortunately, most of it was negative. Those early models in both gas and diesel must be of extremely poor design. Interestingly enough, the owner of this one owner tractor has said he has never had tranny problems or glide steer cable problems, which apparently is another nightmare on these machines. I think I'm staying away from this one regardless of it's problem free history. :thumbdown: I am living proof of Murphy's Law. :eek:

Thanks again. It helped me avoid a possible $3k mistake.

/ GR2000G Problems & Reliability #4  
Yea, there are some serious mechanical issues with the GR-00 series. Most will need a transmission rebuild around 300-500 hours. The ones that have been fixed are okay, but I'd be very careful with one thats not been fixed.