Bought a new tractor today

/ Bought a new tractor today #21  
Bought the truck new in 1984 but now belongs to my oldest son. The first motor was that gutless 6.2 gm diesel but our two sons replaced it with a 1996 Cummins a few years back, along with some upgrades in HP and a 5 speed manual tranny. It's main use now is towing our U-35 excavator and now the new L2501. Ricn

Why oh why doesn't the truck have its own thread? :licking:

/ Bought a new tractor today
I could take a photo or two and post them, tomorrow maybe, getting pretty dark now...As you can imagine, the 12 valve Cummins makes hauling the excavator a dream, great engine. Too bad the EPA ruined something so simple and easy...We have another 12 valve our youngest son has gone completely through and just waiting for a one ton dually 6-speed to come along and needing a motor...

Ricn

/ Bought a new tractor today #23  
I could take a photo or two and post them, tomorrow maybe, getting pretty dark now...

Make it 10 or 12 pics and I'll give you a week! Lol

You can see lots of Ford / Cummins online but you won't find too many Chevys.

/ Bought a new tractor today #24  
Sweet looking tractor and congrats on raising sons that seem to enjoy family involvement.

/ Bought a new tractor today #25  
Bought the truck new in 1984 but now belongs to my oldest son. The first motor was that gutless 6.2 gm diesel but our two sons replaced it with a 1996 Cummins a few years back, along with some upgrades in HP and a 5 speed manual tranny. It's main use now is towing our U-35 excavator and now the new L2501.

Ricn

Awesome!! It's definitely a worthy family member. :)

Hope these post correctly. My two boys get all the credit for reworking our original family 4x4 hauler to something their generation enjoys more and yes, they are into diesel smoke big time. The truck has issues here and there, some rust and several small dents but mechanics are sound with most everything being reworked. They plan to overhaul the body soon but right now its needed to haul their U35 to jobsites...The cummins was a Challenge requiring custom made mounts, also required the lift kit for clearance..

image2.JPG
image1.JPG

/ Bought a new tractor today #27  
Nice place you have there

Thanks Tom. The wife and I pioneered here almost 40 years ago now, living in a camper and army tent while building our Log house. This was our dream as young adults, couldn't have done it without her!

Ricn

/ Bought a new tractor today #29  
Thanks Tom. The wife and I pioneered here almost 40 years ago now, living in a camper and army tent while building our Log house. This was our dream as young adults, couldn't have done it without her!

Ricn

And you don't you wish you could find that energy again?? :D

Oh yeah! Now where did that go?

Ricn