Turning radii

/ Turning radii #1  

jbclbc

According to kubota.com:

A BX23 is 83.9" long by 45.1" wide and its turning radius is 7.5'.

A B7510 is 89.6" long by 35.3" wide and its turning radius is 6.6'.

A B7410 is 90.6" long by 42.4" wide and its turning radius is 6.6'.

I was under the impression that the BX's were smaller the B's (by 6" in length, but not so in width) but if the turning radius is almost 1' bigger then, for real world use - how much of a difference would there be when maneuvering around trees, etc. when mowing? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

TIA

<JeffC.>

/ Turning radii #2  
im not sure about the others, but on the 7610 the rear tires can be adjusted quite a bit to make it as wide/narrow as suits your needs. i havent measured mine, but i know it is quite a bit wider than the measurements you list.

the turning radius is surpisingly small, but when turning that sharp, even with the turfs it will still mess up some grass.

ive had it in the woods a bit, and it did quite well maneuvering about. however i havent done the same with the bx's for comparison.

John

/ Turning radii #3  
The B class tractors have dual brakes, while the BX only has one, so Kubota may be measuring the radii by the pivot action you get with dual brakes. That said, the hydro is so easy and smooth on my BX, coupled with power steering, I have no problems mowing around trees or in tight spaces on my BX22.

Also, I believe the turning radius is measured from the center of the circle to the outside of the tractor. If the width of a 7510 is really 10" less than the BX23, that would also account for the smaller radius. With the 60" MMM on the BX22, the unmowed circle is roughly 5.5' to 6' in diameter.

/ Turning radii #4  
I have a 2410 and a BX. The BX is more manuverable and will turn more tightly than the 2410. I don't know what Kubota is measuring for sure with those numbers but my BX will easily turn inside my 2410. The turning radius is one thing, the uncut circle with a 60 inch MMM on both a BX and a 2410 is quite different as well. The BX uncut circle is about 30 inch and the 2410 about 45. It has been a while since I actually measured but I did do it and the BX is the winner. Both tractors are surprisingly manuverable for their size. Cutting aoround a tree that I could cut around with the BX with say one stop and back up and take another swipe--with the 2410 I have to do that twice or three times. J

/ Turning radii #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( but if the turning radius is almost 1' bigger then, for real world use - how much of a difference would there be when maneuvering around trees, etc. when mowing? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

)</font>

I find my BX2200 has a better turning radius than my old garden tractor even though it's bigger. It seems very manuverable to me, but I have never driven a B series.