Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #1  

navyjoe

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25 and L2501
Today I negotiated a Kubota BX25 with backhoe, 60 inch mower deck, front loader with quick change, and a canopy top. It was a opening day special and I got it all for $19,400 and 0% financing for 5 years. Think this is a good price????

For $1300 more I can buy an extended warranty that adds 2 more years "bumper to bumper" and also extends power train to 6 years (4 years on everything except deck which is only 1 year, engine-transmission for 6 years). I usually don't buy extended warranty but what do you Kubota owners think about its value?

Joe

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #2  
I'm not up to date on BX25 pricing, so I can't help you there.

Kubota tractors are very, very reliable. Mostly likely, if there are any issues, you'll find them in the first 100 hours or so. I wouldn't buy an extended warranty on one. At a cost of $1,300, you have to incur repairs of more than $1,300 (plus whatever the deductible is) after the standard warranty expires in order to come out ahead.

Personally, I think you'd be better off taking that $1,300 and either buying implements with it or putting it in a rainy day fund for future repairs. The chances of you spending more than $1,300 on repairs after your warranty expires are pretty slim, in my opinion.

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #3  
Packaged within Kubota's 0% financing will come Kubota's KTAC insurance, which is used much more often than the Kubota warranty. Good stuff.

Unlike vehicles, tractor warranties from all tractor manufacturers are narrowly defined. What you think should be a warranty repair, tractor manufactures qualify as operator error.

KTAC LINK: Google:KTAC

I would consider the $1,300 extended warranty redundant.

Last edited:
   / Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty
Thanks both of you for the input. I take delivery tomorrow! That extended warranty is a hard one to ponder. I think I'm going to pass, but it is a darn good warranty .

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #5  
According to the ad, you get a 6 year powertrain warranty, if you purchase a BX between 06/01/2016-07/31/2016.

Kubota Promotions | Kubota Tractor Corporation

I've had my BX for six months. That six year warranty sure would have been peace of mind.

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #6  
I bought my BX25D and have the KTAC warranty because I financed 0 down, 0 interest so to me it was a no brainer vs. a rider on my homeowner's policy. Much better coverage. But when it comes to extended warranties on appliances, cars, and other electrical/mechanical equipment I never buy them. I figure the money I save on all of the warranties (money makers for the seller) I can buy a brand spanking new appliance or whatever and have money left over. Trying to pick which item is going to crap out under an extended warranty is like playing roulette. Lucky guess unless you bet on more than half. Save your money and be kind to your equipment.

According to the ad, you get a 6 year powertrain warranty, if you purchase a BX between 06/01/2016-07/31/2016.

Kubota Promotions | Kubota Tractor Corporation

I've had my BX for six months. That six year warranty sure would have been peace of mind.

Darn, no one ever mentioned any of that to me!!!! I would liked to have had the option of considering it. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what goes.

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #8  
My bx 24 is around 5 or 6 years old . i use it hard . Havent had a problem yet .

Well as it turns out, I get the 6 year power train warranty!!!! It was automatic so to speak during this promotion period😆😆😆😆😆😆

/ Good price for a BX25D? Also what about extended warranty #10  
the kubota insurance is all you need, it is great, dont pay it off early keep that insurance. Anybody know if you can keep the insurance once its paid for?