Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts?

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts? #1  

Droid

Tractor
New Holland TC40
I previously posted about being unable to decide between a Cub Cadet 8354 and a Kubota 3130. This past week has added several twists!

I have 1 mile of road to grade and do some snow plowing. 100-200 yds. of material to move over the next two years and a 12 acre, mostly wooded yard to maintain. The tractors and their prices being considered now are:

L3400 Kubota with/FEL. 15200
L3130 GST w/FEL qa hd bucket. 17800 (DT 17000)
L3430 GST w/FEL qa hd bucket. 18400 (DT 17600)
New Holland TC 35 (shuttle) w/FEL and qa hd bucket. 17636

I had it down to two tractors and the dealer raised it to four!! He was great, very patient, had me drive them, load with them, etc. After a couple of hours they all seemed the same.

Thanks for any input or comments that you may have to offer.

Droid

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts? #2  
Input? Mine is the suggestion to try out the hydrostat equipped tractor and compare ease of use with the GST.

Those Kubota prices seem o.k. to me.

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts? #3  
Isn't the 3130 and 3430 the same chassis size and everything except engine hp? If so, you should just consider the 3430. More hp for the size. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts? #4  
You didn't state what trans the L3400 had, definitely try out a HST model especially while doing work with FEL. I personally like the HST drive I had a B7100hst and currently now a L3130hst just can't say enough about them. Those prices seem to be fair enough.

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts?
Yes, JayC, they are the same chasis just 3 hp difference. I will look at the 3430 too.

Thanks,

Droid

/ Undecided, but the prices seem good. Thoughts?
The L3400 only comes with a mechanical shuttle. I prefer the shuttle, as that is what I am used to using. I tried several hydro units and did not see that great of a difference for the cost difference.