Kubota M6800

/ Kubota M6800 #1  

buckslayer129

Tractor
Ford 4000
Im currently looking to purchase an M6800 and the dealer is pushing a Bushhog M446 loader instead of the Kubota loader. Id like to hear any pros or cons for both loaders and will a quick attach loader make any difference.

/ Kubota M6800 #2  
Can you tell us why he likes the brush hog loader better? What’s the price difference?

What ever loader you get make sure it has the universal skid steer attach. It will be well worth it latter when you want to purchase other types of front buckets or implements. They are available everywhere and easy to build if you like doing that sort of stuff.

I was seriously considering the M6800 but a local dealer offered me a M9000 low profile for about the same price. I needed the low profile to work inside my barns so of course I jumped on his offer. It has been a great tractor, really smooth, powerful, and quiet. The M6800 is almost the same tractor as the M9000 without the turbo and intercooler.

Good luck
Eric

Attachments

• 406782-Cows&Farm M9000.jpg
    406782-Cows&Farm M9000.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,231
   / Kubota M6800 #3  
I have a m6800 with the Bush Hog loader and it works great. The Bush hog loader has a lifting capacity of 3900 lbs. and will except skid steer attachments. The Kubota is rated at only 2300 lbs. Also I believe the Bush Hog loader is heavier and the cost was $800 less.

/ Kubota M6800 #4  
I have the M6800 with the Kubota 1162 MSL loader w/QA (2650# lift iirc). I like this loader a lot, I don't know how the BushHog loader would compare since I haven't ever used one. The Kubota loader suits my needs well. I'd want to try them both, see how the stick responds to your input, in my experience that is more important than overall lift capacity in most situations. If the BushHog was a significant $$$ savings and met my needs I'd consider it, otherwise I'd stick with the manufacturer's loader.

BTW - If you plan to excercise either loader to their rated lift capacity, look into some additional ballast (or hang a heavy implement on the 3pt).