L3560 loaders?

/ L3560 loaders? #1  

Fallon

Tractor
Kubota L4060hstc, formerly L3200hst
I've got a L3200 & am thinking about upgrading to a premium cabbed machine.

There is a 2015 L3560 100ish hours with a LA555 loader machine & about 4 implements nearby for under $30k.

I was getting a bit interested until I realized you can fit the LA555 or the LA

The lift at the pins on my L3200/LA524 is 1131lbs & the LA555 is only 1190. So basically not any better. The LA805 is rated for 1720lbs. I could use the extra lift as I find my L3200 a hair lacking for some stuff. Recently helping a friend/neighbor get rid of some large square bales & can only lift em about 3' reliably.

Any thoughts? Will I likely end up regretting ending up with a LA555 instead of a LA805? Anybody have either & able to comment?

/ L3560 loaders? #2  
First of all how do you know the real world performance of your LA524 is 1131lbs?

The reason I ask is that there have been many reports on TBN of Kubota's being set from the dealer with the hydraulics significantly under specs.

My B7610 is about 10 to 15% under spec. But I have to take off my backhoe subframe to adjust it so I have not done it yet.

If your L3200 is only a "hair lacking" will the 5HP upgrade in net HP be worth it? It might only take a quick hydraulic pressure test and the turn of a screw to get over the "hair lacking" bit. And then wait to get an even bigger machine in the 50 to 60 HP range.

good luck

/ L3560 loaders?
I'm upgrading to a cab & bells & whistles, not really in HP. I'm generally happy with the 3000 frame size, although I have thought about a 4000 occasionally. I occasionally regret getting a L3200 instead of the extra 5hp on the otherwise same L3800 for an extra $2k. But not very often. Mostly when roading & tilling, the rest is terrain or traction limited.

When I refer to my L3200 not quite being enough I'm talking about lifting some large square bales & if I can lift them, the hydraulics stop lifting at around 3'. A few hundred lbs more of capacity would sort that issue. I have a pressure gauge & my relief is properly set at the upper limit of the specs. So, no I don't know what my real world lift capacity is in lbs for sure, but it should be in spec. And with my 5' rotary cutter on as ballast & loaded rears I know I'm a hair from being ballast & stability limited on loader capacity if I cranked up the pressure beyond spec.

If they made a L3x60 frame machine at 40hp or so I'd be all over that, but Kubota doesn't. I can live with it slowing down on hills when I road it, or go a hair slower doing heavy brush mowing.

My main question is on the smaller loader on what sounds like a pretty decent deal for a L3560 & some implements.

Not quite ready to upgrade, but could make it happen if I really liked the machine & got a good deal on it. Not afraid of selling off some of the duplicate implements & my L3200.

/ L3560 loaders? #4  
I know that you have been content with your L3200, but if-when you make the move, you would be on :cloud9: with a loader that had over a 2000lb lift capacity. I really think that you should be considering the 40hp range-size machines to be really happy. I know that entails all new implements, or at least mostly newer 6' units compared to what you now have, but in the end you would most likely be much happier.

JMO, good luck with all of your future choices. :thumbsup:

/ L3560 loaders? #5  
I'm upgrading to a cab & bells & whistles, not really in HP. I'm generally happy with the 3000 frame size, although I have thought about a 4000 occasionally. I occasionally regret getting a L3200 instead of the extra 5hp on the otherwise same L3800 for an extra $2k. But not very often. Mostly when roading & tilling, the rest is terrain or traction limited.

When I refer to my L3200 not quite being enough I'm talking about lifting some large square bales & if I can lift them, the hydraulics stop lifting at around 3'. A few hundred lbs more of capacity would sort that issue. I have a pressure gauge & my relief is properly set at the upper limit of the specs. So, no I don't know what my real world lift capacity is in lbs for sure, but it should be in spec. And with my 5' rotary cutter on as ballast & loaded rears I know I'm a hair from being ballast & stability limited on loader capacity if I cranked up the pressure beyond spec.

If they made a L3x60 frame machine at 40hp or so I'd be all over that, but Kubota doesn't. I can live with it slowing down on hills when I road it, or go a hair slower doing heavy brush mowing.

My main question is on the smaller loader on what sounds like a pretty decent deal for a L3560 & some implements.

Not quite ready to upgrade, but could make it happen if I really liked the machine & got a good deal on it. Not afraid of selling off some of the duplicate implements & my L3200.

Is the LA555 loader only rated at 555 KG at the pins or at bucket center? I have a little Mahindra Max28 that on paper supposedly lifts 635 Kg at the pins and only has a 54" bucket. (Stability wise, even with 700 Lbs ballast, the Max28 is limited to about 1,000 lbs.) Can the Kubota LA5xx Loaders lift a full bucket of wet gravel? If not, I would think you want to move up to a higher capacity loader?

/ L3560 loaders? #6  
Your LA524 is rated the same as my LA463 loader - the number is just measured now from a different spot. Several of us have gone above specs with regards to PSI. (I think mine is now 2600 psi or 10% over) I have no problems lifting heavy things with my L2800. I understand that I am taking a chance that something might break. I think it's more of a problem with stability ...but regardless, it's much cheaper to do that vs. buying a whole other tractor. Now if you are doing it for the cab, bells and whistles, I understand...

PS. my guess... that cab weight will eat up any extra hp you get.

/ L3560 loaders?
Ya. My L3200 is 32hp & 3,500lbs fully loaded + impliment on the 3pt I think. The L3560 is 3,800 something + loader + loading tires, etc. I'm sure the extra weight eats up the extra couple HP for roading & other stuff. Extra HP would be nice, but the L3200 is acceptable for 90% of my power needs now & the remaining 10% I can live with going slow up hills & tilling slower.

I don't plan on a lot of hay moving, just helping a friend clear out his hay after they got rid of the goats. Its a temporary projecy, not a longterm requirement to wrangle those big bales. They were sold as 1,200lbs, but who knows exactly what they are. The L3200 was already starting to get light on the rear end even with the weight & leverage of my 5' brush hog back there. I'm making an old 60 gallon air ank into a ballast box, but don't think it will end up being much more effective than the rotary cutter.

Realistically I can expect to haul up to 6-7k lbs or so on my current 16' 14k lbs trailer before I have to upgrade past my F250. A loaded L3560 + implements fits that window nicely. I could probably fit a 4000 series machine as well, but most of my work doesn't require much more than I have now & I like the maneuverability of the 3000 series frame.

My flail is way big for my L3200 & my 72" box blade is too (it's a bit light though), but work pretty well & would fit a wider machine. So it wouldn't be completely new implements if I went bigger.

/ L3560 loaders? #8  

Those must be some huge square bales. I was able to lift some nice sized round bales to the maximum lift with my l3200. Of course our bales maybe paperweights compared to other places....

/ L3560 loaders?
Those must be some huge square bales. I was able to lift some nice sized round bales to the maximum lift with my l3200. Of course our bales maybe paperweights compared to other places....

IMG_8896.jpg

Ya, pretty hefty bales. Alledgedly they are suppose to be 1,200lbs bales. At least as wide as my tractor, so 5' or 6' wide. My 5' rotary cutter & loaded rear tires were barely able to keep the rears on the ground. Depending on the bale I really couldn't lift them any higher that what is seen in the photo. A few I had to bounce the go pedal a bit so the loader would bounce a hair & raise on the up stroke of the bounce so I could get em high enough to put on the trailer. 3 more getting delivered this weekend then 6-8 left before he's out & we reclaim the barn. No more hay for them now that their goats are gone.

Still interested if anybody has any oppinions on the loader options for the L3560.

/ L3560 loaders? #10  
View attachment 474399

Ya, pretty hefty bales. Alledgedly they are suppose to be 1,200lbs bales. At least as wide as my tractor, so 5' or 6' wide. My 5' rotary cutter & loaded rear tires were barely able to keep the rears on the ground. Depending on the bale I really couldn't lift them any higher that what is seen in the photo. A few I had to bounce the go pedal a bit so the loader would bounce a hair & raise on the up stroke of the bounce so I could get em high enough to put on the trailer. 3 more getting delivered this weekend then 6-8 left before he's out & we reclaim the barn. No more hay for them now that their goats are gone.

Still interested if anybody has any oppinions on the loader options for the L3560.
If you have an option, I'd buy the la805 loader no questions asked.Kubota does offer the QA loader standard on the LA555 which is nice. Going from the LA524 on my last tractor to the LA805 is a very large noticeable difference. Especially when moving large round bales.