Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
I have been researching larger tractors for a while now. I'm really interested in the M7060HDC12. Test drove one at the local dealer. Was impressed. I have 2 other dealers nearby. The numbers I am getting for the unit, loader, loaded tires, 2 remotes and a 3rd loader valve, rear wiper kit and wheel spacers, is about $46,600. Entertaining some implements as well, landpride grapple $3,000, 7ft hydro back blade$3,000 & a brush cutter RCF3672 $4,350,dealers seem very helpful, and one seems to have an outstanding service department.
What are your thoughts on the pricing? Is Kubota's extended warranty worth the money or not? Will be using this machine on a 200 acre farm for brush clearing, maintaining pastures. And later on hay operations in a 40 acre meadow.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #2  
A few of things, save your money and buy a different grapple. Should be able to get something in the $2000 range that is every bit as good I would think. Second thing, 7' rear blade is to narrow for that tractor, need an 8 footer at the minimum if not a 9 footer. Get skid shoes with the rear blade no matter what. If you are going hydraulic, you are most likely going to need more than 2 rear remotes, you might want to consider getting all 3 on the tractor. Assuming you are looking at an RBT3584, should be an RBT3596 at the minimum, may want to consider the RBT4096 or RBT40108.

Good luck.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #3  
I really like our M8540HDC and never buy nor have I ever bought an extended warranty. I think 10-15% off MSRP has been mentioned, but that will vary.

I like Land Pride equipment, but my dealer steered me away from their grapples as he felt they were a bit high. There are a lot of grapple threads on here and many, many people with more knwledge on them than I, so listen to them.

I no longer use a back blade, but did for many years and believe I'd want one wider than seven feet.

My preference for sure would be a wider dual spindle 10' or bat-wing for that much acreage. We use a Woods DS1260 on ours as a bat-wing is not practical for our use on CRP land. Our renter uss a 15' Woods.

Good luck.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4
Thanks for the info folks...will do some more research. As for the batwing, thought about it....not sure if it will be too much for the tractor, don't have much level land around here. Lots of autumn olive and multiflora rose, all on hillsides. Would that be too much for a 70hp 64hp pto tractor?

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #5  
Thanks for the info folks...will do some more research. As for the batwing, thought about it....not sure if it will be too much for the tractor, don't have much level land around here. Lots of autumn olive and multiflora rose, all on hillsides. Would that be too much for a 70hp 64hp pto tractor?

Here is a 12' bat wing. A good match for your conditions it sounds like.

Also, just as a side note, I would be looking at the RBT40 series blades for your tractor, not the 35 series. :thumbsup:

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #6  
You've gotten some sound advice. All I'll do is second it.

Grapple seams expensive. Check out Everything Attachments. They advertise here.

I have a 7' rear blade that's a hair small for a MX5200. Go 8-9' for a tractor this size.

10' minimum on the hog. It'll take close to 8 for tire tracks. Check out the 12' batwings.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #7  
I like Land Pride implements also. I have the Land Pride RB3596 rear blade and when offset & angled its just right for clearing snow on my long driveway. I would recommend at least an 8 foot rear blade for a 7060. When I looked at grapples - I considered the Anbo( they are 75 miles north of me) and the Land Pride. I went with the Land Pride SGC1560 & WR Long third function setup because - its a heavy duty grapple, the Kubota dealer handled & installed it, he gave me a good price on the grapple/third function package.

I'm certainly not saying there aren't many good brands of implements - its just that if I ever need service - I would like that service to be from a dealer that I've dealt with, now for over 30 years, and know can/will deliver quality.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #8  

I believe foreman Etexas uses a 15 foot on his 7040, but it, flat land: http://modernusa.com/images/15pred-pop.pdf

My choice in a bat-wing would be the LP MtnviewRanch posted. For our hilly land a 10' pull type works well, you can also get one in 12' if you need a fairly robust cutter, ours cuts 3" trees.

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4
Thanks for your help folks! Wasn't aware of all the options out there!

/ Pricing a M7060 Cab 4x4 #10  
Thanks for your help folks! Wasn't aware of all the options out there!

If you have questions, ask. Someone here usually has an answer. I personally would not take the word-recommendation of a dealer for much of anything. Sad, but just the way it is. :( Been there, done that, cost me thousands because of purchasing the WRONG, but recommended implements.

Do not purchase anything without knowing what you are getting and what it's recommended capabilities are. Sometimes it is common sense, other times it just takes a lot of research, but it is always best to know what you are getting.

Just my opinion, yours and others may vary. ;)