USAA insurance vs KTAC?

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #1  

XSFMED18D

Tractor
None (yet)
Hello,
I am about to pull the trigger on a Kubota B series here in the next month and I am trying to get my ducks in a row here. I have USAA and figured that since they've been great for all of our insurance needs that they would be be great in covering the tractor as well. I am getting the impression, however, that KTAC is superior to USAA in almost every way.

KTAC will cover the tractor on my property, in transit and on property that I dont own. Additionally, KTAC has a $250 deductible and will replace at what the original purchase price. USAA will cover my property and in transit but not on others property and will only replace at the current market value at time of accident.

I guess my question is whether its worth buying KTAC vs USAA? It seems like the smart money is on financing the cost of KTAC with the cost of the tractor. Right?

Thanks,
John

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #2  
In my opinion KTAC is hard to beat for tractors. Some have claimed they have coverage just as good for less money, so it might pay to look around. I have KTAC.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #3  
I have USAA for home and car but I got a lousy quote from them to cover my tractor. I used Chubb for the tractor initially and then realized that the homeowners covers most of what I was concerned about so dropped the marine policy. No clue why USAA is so bad on this type of policy. They are a great company to deal with otherwise.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #4  
Hello,
I am about to pull the trigger on a Kubota B series here in the next month and I am trying to get my ducks in a row here. I have USAA and figured that since they've been great for all of our insurance needs that they would be be great in covering the tractor as well. I am getting the impression, however, that KTAC is superior to USAA in almost every way.

KTAC will cover the tractor on my property, in transit and on property that I dont own. Additionally, KTAC has a $250 deductible and will replace at what the original purchase price. USAA will cover my property and in transit but not on others property and will only replace at the current market value at time of accident.

I guess my question is whether its worth buying KTAC vs USAA? It seems like the smart money is on financing the cost of KTAC with the cost of the tractor. Right?

Thanks,
John

Did they outsource you? I know when I tried to get insurance on the RV they sent me to 'a rep' who actually ended up being Progressive.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #5  
I just got a letter from USAA that their rates were going up for everyone. I have KTAC on the tractor and USAA on all else.
Usaa quote was twice the KTAC one in Dec 2015.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #6  
Some have claimed they have coverage just as good for less money, so it might pay to look around. I have KTAC.

I'd be willing to bet those who have a cheaper policy do not have coverage as good as KTAC (or even coverage meeting the minimums required on the loan docs). Looking at this stuff every day, pretty much the only people who really can do better on their own are those with commercial business polices covering millions of dollars of stuff.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #7  
I'd be willing to bet those who have a cheaper policy do not have coverage as good as KTAC (or even coverage meeting the minimums required on the loan docs). Looking at this stuff every day, pretty much the only people who really can do better on their own are those with commercial business polices covering millions of dollars of stuff.

Plus KTAC has a proven track record of paying. Many on this forum have testified where KTAC has payed on even some questionable claims. Claims that others may have disuputed.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #8  
USAA covers mine on my homeowners policy as its used to "maintain " the property. Just like a lawnmower. I just increased the value of the contents of the policy.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC? #9  
USAA covers mine on my homeowners policy as its used to "maintain " the property. Just like a lawnmower. I just increased the value of the contents of the policy.

That's what I ended up relying on too. Only downside is that I use my tractor off my property as a volunteer to help maintain a national historic site farm. Not a huge risk but not IMO worth spending another $280/yr to insure with a marine inland policy.

/ USAA insurance vs KTAC?
So I spoke with the tractor insurance guy at USAA. It would have to be a separate policy on the tractor and they would want $255/yr with a $500 deductible. Its an inland marine policy so it would cover tractor at my place, in transit and then at someone else's property if something were to occur.

I think its between KTAC and just keeping it on my homeowners/personal property policy.

BTW, I know this topic has been beat to death but as a USAA member, I have often felt the do a great job with all things financial so it was somewhat surprising to see how much better KTAC seems to be.

Thanks too all who chimed in!