BX2200 Mower Deck

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #1  

JonSpinosa

Silver Member
When I purchased my BX2200 over 1 year ago, I decided to get the 54" mower deck because it was 40 lbs lighter. At the time, I had just herniated my L4-L5 disc in my lower back and was afraid of handling the extra weight of the 60" deck, However, now I think I would prefer the 60" deck to save some mowing time. For you guys with 60" deck's, how does it mow? Are you happy with the cut and engine power to handle the 60" deck? I have been really happy with the 54" deck.

Also, how do you guys tip-up your decks? I am thinking about setting up a block and tackle in the garage to tip-up the deck for cleaning and sharpening maintenance.

My dealer wants $500.00 to trade my 54" deck for a new 60" deck. Does that seem high? The mower is like new! Also seems a bit high since I just purchased a new Kubota ZTR ZD21 from him! Bought the new ZD21 sight unseen and went with the Kubota reputation. He has ordered it for me and hope to have it in 2-3 weeks. I have heard that many southern dealers already have them. Any users out there yet?

Thanks for any info. Jon

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #2  
Jon,
I have BX1800 60"deck,no problem with power,i have cut over grown field area 3' high,once in a wile the chute would plug and i'd just lift to clear it and drop it back down.regular lawn cuts like a carpet.aprox.3.5 acers grass hilly area.2 slopes i must go up and down,tractor works a little but not to the point it blows any black smoke which any diesel will do when under heavy load.all said and done i couldn't be more pleased with the little guy.

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #3  
Jon; Like Tim, I have no complaints about the 60" deck performance. Now it is heavy, and a block an tackle would help. To store my deck over winter, I use two 4x4's against a wall, positioned where the deck wheels are. I tip it up, by hand (don't know how many more years I'll be doing that one) and secure it with ropes to the wall. While it sits in that position over the winter, I take care of the blades the blades.

Roy

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #4  
You should have gotten the 60. It sticks out farther and allows you to use the left edge to stick into tight places and also it allows you to trim closer around trees. It is a fine match for the tractor. Good luck. J

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #5  
<font color=blue>I have been really happy with the 54" deck.
</font color=blue>
I'd keep the $500 in my pocket!
Can't see shell out five bills for a mear six more inches!
Better off getting a few more "pings"/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Just my opinion /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-29411-dave.jpg

We're all in this together! (3)
Executive Yuppie Tractor Owner

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #6  
I have the 60" on a BX1800 and have not had it bog down once. I've gone through field grass about a foot high with no problem at all. When I pressure wash the under side of it I pick it up from the front and stand it on the back wheels which are turned from removing it, I then have a old piece of 4x6 which I prop under the gear box to hold it upright. This works like a charm for keeping things clean.

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #7  
Jon,Congrats on going with the new Kubota ZTR,good luck on getting one in 2-3 weeks.Our dealer has had a dozen ordered since the 1st. of Dec. and has'nt received one yet.

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #8  
When I was at my local dealer on Tuesday, I didn't see the Kubota ZTR's, so I asked. They said they have had them in, but <font color=orange>POOF</font color=orange>, they are immediately gone. Reminds me of BX availability last spring. Some people reported that their dealers could get 'em by the truckloads, some people reported that their own dealers were still waiting for a first shipment. Guess Kubota has some logic to their distribution, but who knows what that is.

Roy

/ BX2200 Mower Deck #9  
Excuse my ignorance /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif, but what the heck is a ZTR, and would I know one if it bit me on the foot? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy