Picked up my new KX040 today

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #1  

jokergerm

Gold Member
Well after looking for a low hour nice KX121 machine and not finding what i wanted. I stumbled across a 1 owner 260hour 2015 KX040-4 Angle blade machine for 43k! 2 Aux ports, Thumb, 24" bucket, Cab machine

I cant believe how much power this thing has its amazing! Huge upgrade from the U25 that i had before. I feel like a fish out of water.

Here are some pics. it has a few cosmetic bumps and scraps but it was a 1 owner machine used on 1 piece of land for the last year. He got caught in a storm with high winds and some debris hit it, but whatever it a machine not a car!

kx0403.jpgkx0402.jpgkx0401.jpgkx040.jpg

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #2  
Good grannie man! That is a heck of a machine there. :thumbsup:

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #4  
Great machine, congrats.

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #6  
Nice - that angle blade is really nice!! Would be handy in the woods where we work!

/ Picked up my new KX040 today
Nice - that angle blade is really nice!! Would be handy in the woods where we work!

I really wanted a 6 way blade but for a 1 year old machine for like 20k or so off new price I'm not complaining at all!

I had a budget of 30k, but all you can find for 30k is a open station KX121 about 8 years old with 3000+ hours

Didnt want the headache of a high hour machine thats been beat up its entire life, cheap insurance to spend a little more and get a non abused machine

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #8  
You know jealousy is an ugly thing! :drink:

/ Picked up my new KX040 today #9  
That is the only thing I wish I had on my mini - a 6 way blade. I been working on trails in our woods and it would be handy at times. Also thought it would be great for leveling the machine in certain situations.

If you don't have one a 12" bucket on that size machine is great for stump work as well as ditches. I normally leave my 24" on the machine but when i have a stump to get out I switch it to the 12" - still lets me move some dirt but gives a little more power. Some of our stumps have deep roots so I have to dig down a bit to get to them.

/ Picked up my new KX040 today
That is the only thing I wish I had on my mini - a 6 way blade. I been working on trails in our woods and it would be handy at times. Also thought it would be great for leveling the machine in certain situations.

If you don't have one a 12" bucket on that size machine is great for stump work as well as ditches. I normally leave my 24" on the machine but when i have a stump to get out I switch it to the 12" - still lets me move some dirt but gives a little more power. Some of our stumps have deep roots so I have to dig down a bit to get to them.

yea 6 way would be cool but i got a great deal so it is what it is

i bought a 12" bucket and a 42" clean out this weekend, Pretty amazing how well it digs with the 1' Bucket on there