Price Check 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing

/ 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing #1  

RLWATSO1

Tractor
John Deere 790
Hello all, thanks for all the help so far. Been making a lot of pricing posts lately. Looking for a tractor in the 40 or so HP range. Found a one owner 4x4 Kubota L4200 with 1,000 hrs on it at a local used tractor dealer. Everything seems to check out and I think it would fit our needs. They had it listed for $14,950 but dealer said they would take 14,500... I was thinking about offering something like 13,800 but wanted to see what you guys thought. Bucket is beat up a bit and there are a few rust spots but it seems solid when I drove it.

Pictures to follow

IMG_2649.JPGIMG_2650.JPGIMG_2651.JPGIMG_2652.JPGIMG_2653.JPGIMG_2654.JPGIMG_2655.JPGIMG_2656.JPGIMG_2657.JPGIMG_2658.JPG

/ 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing #2  
For a research guide, start with Tractorhouse.com, the classifieds here, and maybe Searchtempest.com to find out what other L4200's are in terms of asking prices. Was this tractor maintained? Dates and hours written on filters, maybe... or fluids look okay? Is it only the top of the bucket that's been dinged, and not the cutting edge?
Front tires look about worn enough for 1000 hours. That should be a solid tractor, if it was taken care of. The hours wouldn't worry me, but to me, anyway, $14K seems a bit pricey for an older Kubota that wasn't a beauty. ( Tractordata says they built L4200's from 1994 thru 1999, so the 2005 model year is confusing. If you email Kubota with the S/N they will tell you when it was built.)

/ 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing
For a research guide, start with Tractorhouse.com, the classifieds here, and maybe Searchtempest.com to find out what other L4200's are in terms of asking prices. Was this tractor maintained? Dates and hours written on filters, maybe... or fluids look okay? Is it only the top of the bucket that's been dinged, and not the cutting edge?
Front tires look about worn enough for 1000 hours. That should be a solid tractor, if it was taken care of. The hours wouldn't worry me, but to me, anyway, $14K seems a bit pricey for an older Kubota that wasn't a beauty. ( Tractordata says they built L4200's from 1994 thru 1999, so the 2005 model year is confusing. If you email Kubota with the S/N they will tell you when it was built.)

Thank you for the info! I did email Kubota and they told me the tractor was originally sold 11/29/1997!!!!! I haven't talked to the dealer to see if he's aware or not but its not giving me a whole lot of confidence in him

/ 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing #4  
There are two dealers within striking distance of you: Messick's in Penn. and Barlow's in KY. Both seem to be straight up companies, with very good reputations here on TbN. Barlow's is said to deliver to surrounding states in a cost effective manner, and I had good luck in buying a used tractor from Messicks, which they delivered for a fair charge to me in Maryland. It's up to you to report the purchase and pay your state's sales tax, of course. It might be helpful to check out what they have in your price range?

/ 2005 Kubota L4200 Pricing #5  
I think the price is high. I'd be trying to get it for 12,500 to 13 if it were me. Also, it looks like they rattle-canned the bucket sides and the 3 pt hitch area and maybe the ROPS. That is never a good sign to me. The L4200 is an excellent tractor if you don't overpay. It would be a good size for you to do what you said you want to do in your other posts.

There are two dealers within striking distance of you: Messick's in Penn. and Barlow's in KY. Both seem to be straight up companies, with very good reputations here on TbN. Barlow's is said to deliver to surrounding states in a cost effective manner, and I had good luck in buying a used tractor from Messicks, which they delivered for a fair charge to me in Maryland. It's up to you to report the purchase and pay your state's sales tax, of course. It might be helpful to check out what they have in your price range?

I took a look, thank you for the info! I can tell you guys I'm definitely learning a lot about tractors and buying tractors from this forum... I'm really glad I found you guys!

I think the price is high. I'd be trying to get it for 12,500 to 13 if it were me. Also, it looks like they rattle-canned the bucket sides and the 3 pt hitch area and maybe the ROPS. That is never a good sign to me. The L4200 is an excellent tractor if you don't overpay. It would be a good size for you to do what you said you want to do in your other posts.

Thanks bspeedy, the search continues. Something will come up sooner or later! We had a shale gas boom in our area a few years ago that has mostly fizzled out. Property with mineral rights was going for nearly 20k per acre! I wonder if that is having some residual effect on the used tractor market here.