L3240 HST TLB

/ L3240 HST TLB #1  

quotejso

Tractor
XG3025H
Hi first post.
So a dealer nearby has a 2012 grand L 3240 hst with the loader and backhoe 303 hours. I have not looked at it but by the pics it appears to be in excellent condition. What is a good price on this unit? They have it listed for 26800. I dont really need the backhoe but this model looks very appealing.

/ L3240 HST TLB #2  
You might want to check Tractorhouse.com to see what non-backhoe L3240's are going for, especially since you don't "need" that backhoe, but you would be buying it, never the less. Looks like clean L3240s can be had for under $20K?

/ L3240 HST TLB #3  
The L3240 is a nice all around tractor;with a back-hoe;not so much.If you don't
need it,leave the BH at the dealers.

/ L3240 HST TLB #4  
Very nice tractor - with backhoe even nicer, if you have a real use for light excavating. Very low hours for that model. Type of loader & backhoe will be part of determining fair value, too. The LA724 is the larger loader, which this machine will handle well with the hoe installed or similar weight implement on the hitch. It will also manage a 9' hoe as it has a hefty frame for its power. Make sure it's a sub-frame mounted 'hoe; not a 3 point mount, as on that machine the 3 pt is probably not the best combination.

Any rear remotes? Is the 3 pt hitch hardware present & included in the deal?

What do you intend to use it for? The L3240 is a little low on power for the weight & size if you have steep hills or want to run a 6' bush cutter in heavy grass. It's been a perfect fit for my needs, so your specific needs should weigh heavy in your decision & any offer you make.

The L3560 is the new machine closest matched for comparison, which may give you an idea of its "replacement cost". The L3240 has a much simpler emissions system, which many find a plus.

-Jim

/ L3240 HST TLB #5  
I'm going to go the other way and recommend getting the backhoe. Before I got a tractor with backhoe I thought a hoe was a tool just for digging. But if one adds a thumb to a backhoe, a whole new tool is created. It's a lifting boom with a hand. A backhoe and thumb is really useful for picking up just about anything and placing it exactly. Expecially good for stacking and loading or moving anything. A thumb on the hoe makes landscaping into a fun time. I even use it to stack wood rounds after chainsawing and before splitting.
It all depends on your use. If it were me, I'd grab the backhoe - and I'd somehow make room in the budget to add a thumb. Preferably a hydraulic thumb, but even a manual thumb would make do for picking and placing.
Nice tractor, good luck
rScotty

/ L3240 HST TLB #6  
It's a nice tractor. I own one and it has the best HST transmission I have ever used. It's a little low on power, but that's not a big problem unless you are using it for mostly field work. If that was the goal a much cheaper 1989s tractor will be better. I have a backhoe and I find it well worth the money I have in it. That might be a little high, but not bad. I'm not familiar with current tractor prices. The emissions crap likely drove up the price on these models without it. Honestly if I had it to do over I'd look for a real TLB like a Kubota L45 or a John Deere 110. They have way stronger loaders and stronger backhoes.

/ L3240 HST TLB #7  
Hi first post.
So a dealer nearby has a 2012 grand L 3240 hst with the loader and backhoe 303 hours. I have not looked at it but by the pics it appears to be in excellent condition. What is a good price on this unit? They have it listed for 26800. I dont really need the backhoe but this model looks very appealing.

Good tractor, but I think you'll find it heavy for the power available, particularly if the loader and BH are the factory originals. That may or may not be an issue, depending on what you expect to be doing with it.