BX front quick attach and forks?

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #41  
Thanks Robert... looking to hear back from Jery soon! Did you ever figure and recall the weight comparison between Jery's and Kubota QA/Fork set up? Kubota set seemed heavy and expensive for a BX user.

Dragoneggs - any more details from Jery? I'm very interested and closely following, ultimately would like a QA set up and grapple attachment. Have you done any grapple research? I've read some other comments/posts on TBN that give the landpride BX grapple positive feedback.

Robert - you mentioned something about a shelf system in one of your earlier posts, if you have time I would be interested in more detail and pics.

Thanks guys!

/ BX front quick attach and forks?
DAT, I am still wrestling on direction to go. I want/need moveable forks. Still have to compare the weight/build for the OEM version. I have so many other projects, family, xmas, and day job I not getting to it this year.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #43  
My shelf system isn't anything over the top. I built shelves that run along 24 feet of my barn. They are based on the 6x6 post layout of the poles for my pole barn. One row is at about 48" above the floor, the other row at about 10 feet. I have small pallets that hold my yard equipment that I put up on the shelves, and I erected doors of 2x6's that swing out with storage on the backside. Some doors bifold and have my grease guns, oil change tools, funnels, filters, and all my spray cans hidden. Each door has a caster to ride on the concrete floor for weight. One 8 foot end of the shelving is the orange corner. My Kubota snowblower sits on a wood dolly under the lowest shelf along side my ballast box on a dolly, forks, and soon my my FEL on a dolly, too. The forks I'll probably hang since they are so light.
The mower deck sits on the 48" high shelf with my FEL bucket on top. I cut custom contoured blocks for atop the MMM when my B's deck was up there, but my BX is the new drive over style so the loader bucket sits level across the drive over ramps. The FEL 60" blade rolls under the shelf system as well.
My blower and FEL are on the BX now, but if you are still interested in pics, I can grab some this weekend. I figure when I'm old, I'll take the forks and take don pallets with things I need. I like that I can drive up to the orange corner and pick what I need or roll it out and off I go.
It's a work in progress, but I'll get there. I still plan on putting doors up to hide the orange, but I still can't find the time.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #44  
DAT, I am still wrestling on direction to go. I want/need moveable forks. Still have to compare the weight/build for the OEM version. I have so many other projects, family, xmas, and day job I not getting to it this year.

Dragoneggs, you won't beat Jery's in terms of weight. I researched them all with my last BX, my last B, and now my current BX2670. They are so versatile, movable, and light. I'm always using them, and the QA is the cats meow. No one makes forks 100# pounds per pair lighter than Kubota, except Jery. The same forks are used for his B setups, and I never bent or tweaked his frame or forks lifting more than what a BX can handle. Again, Kubota posts a 300# limit on their BX forks. While it's a limit, I've pushed 800# plus, and had no issues. I'm sure I could lift more than the Bota's due to the decreased weight, but the versatility, ease of use, and light components sold me. I hook both forks with my index and middle finger in one hand, grab the frame in the other, and walk out to the driveway to put it on. Anyone would be pressed to grab ONE Kubota fork with BOTH hands and carry it out... making three trips.

/ BX front quick attach and forks?
Thanks robertm... I really appreciate efficient design so this is good to hear. I think I am probably harder on my BX than 90% of owners. I don't use it daily but when I do, I bang it around and max my lift with stumps and do quite a bit of digging in glacial till (sandy loam with lots of rocks up to basketball size). Strength to weight ratio is king in my book (I'm an aerospace engineer) and is much appreciated. From what I can tell so far... I'm leaning towards Jery's product. Cost is lower too.

I wonder though if I am repeatedly ramming my bucket with Piranha tooth bar into the side of a hill, will it hold up? Like I said, I work my BX hard. Already bent a front suspension turnbuckle. Bent the side of the bucket trying to move stumps in the neighborhood of 1000lbs. Hauled as much retaining wall block as it would lift, etc. You would probably cringe if you saw some of the things I tried to do with it. BX25D's are tough!

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #46  
Dragoneggs, I am positive that Jery's QA will not have any issues with your spirited work that involves "ramming" your bucket into the side of a hill. Your bucket will perish first. I suggest you look at Jery's grapples, too. Heavy duty, light, but grab from drum diameters or larger, down to pencils. Same with his loader buckets for digging hard. He really needs to get his website updated. It has none of what he really offers.
I will tell you, however, his forks are not for digging. I "dump" my forks repeatedly and lift my tractor up to remove the FEL, or lift pallets loaded with blocks or wood that stall the lift 12" above the ground without issues bending something, but I would not dig stumps, rocks, or pop out sidewalk panels with my forks because I could rack the forks and prevent them from sliding or bend the fork backstop frame. If you really like to dig, you should look at his loader buddy bucket (I think it's name) on YouTube where he rips rocks out.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #47  
Dragoneggs, try Tach-n-go Thumb, tach-n-grab, loader buddy bucket by My Tractor Tools on the Tube for an idea of the capacities you can expect. One even shows the QA. Although on a B-Series, the operation is similar. The way Jery rips out large rocks, lifts the tractor prying rocks out without bending his buckets, is amazing. Tough stuff.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #48  
Speaking of grapples, a new subcompact Wicked Grapple is in the making.
The 48" BX model will be under 200 pounds, but it's constructed from AR400 steel and beefed up in the right places!
We'll also offer a 54" with certain B series pin on mounts, JD quick attach, and the universal quick attach.
Here's a sneak peek. Check out those Wicked tines for gripping & ripping!
Travis

newgrap.JPG

PART_1480956953771_123951.jpg

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #50  
RobertM and Dragoneggs,
Thanks for your responses and info. I definitely think Jery's QA and fork arrangement is on my short list. Will keep you posted on what I think after install. Next will be a grapple and when I'm ready for that attachment maybe the new BX option from EA will be available to compare.