BX front quick attach and forks?

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #51  
Just found this discussion on forks for the BX's. I have been thinking about getting a set of forks and a quick attach system for my BX2230. I like Jery's system because of the 2" receiver on the Tach-N-Go and the fact that the forks can be used on the 3pt. Does anyone know the differences between the current loader pin arrangements and the older versions. My loader is the LA211 with the rectangular arms, not the curved ones like on the current BX's. If I purchase a newer tractor later, will this Tach-N-Go work on it? Yes I know at some time Kubots might redesign the arms, but.......

RobertM, How long are the forks, and can you describe the construction of the forks? ie are they solid like a forklift fork, or a welded construction? Thanks, Jon

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #52  
RobertM, How long are the forks, and can you describe the construction of the forks? ie are they solid like a forklift fork, or a welded construction? Thanks, Jon

I think they are 36" long. If not, they are close. I can go out and verify. The forks are welded from high-strength plate steel. They are constructed impeccably. They are light, but strong.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #53  
I think they are 36" long. If not, they are close. I can go out and verify. The forks are welded from high-strength plate steel. They are constructed impeccably. They are light, but strong.

Jery replied back that the forks he is quoting me are fixed, not moveable. But they also go on the 3pt if that makes a difference (which is what I want). We'll see. Might have to wait for his reply because I need to go snow blow some drives today. Jon

/ BX front quick attach and forks?
I just realized I never followed up on this thread. Been using Jery's QA and adjustable forks for a couple years now. Couldn't be happier about the speed and ease of swapping out my bucket and forks or going 'naked'. Don't know if Jery is still in business but I hope so. Quality products and I am extremely happy. No tools required to swap. The system is very light but plenty strong to maximize your fork lifts.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #56  
I'm sure Jery is still in business. I email with him from time to time. One of the nicest guys I've ever met. I've been holding out for his Three Point Pal that uses the front end forks to create a carry-all, but also adds a rigid rear blade.
I strongly considered an 80 Series BX, but realized I'd lose so much on the loader end in capacity, and don't need the SSQA for other attachments. Frankly, I think adding the SSQA to the BX was a waste. What other front implements can you add that are used on a skid steer? Nothing the BX can really manipulate or provide enough hydraulic flow to use. It's a waste. Tons of grapples, blades, forks, etc. are already out there designed specifically for the BX that use the old Q/A style hook-up and save the weight of the SSQA.

/ BX front quick attach and forks? #57  
I will add my two cents in for Jery. I did get the fixed forks for my BX2230. They are great for my uses. I have not mounted them really on the three point, but it is nice knowing that possibility is there. When we moved out of our home, we put things on pallets and then onto the trailer. The B26TLB with its forks were at the storage barn to unload and stack. The reverse will happen some day. I too remove the bucket/forks to mow. It is a bit easier to get around with. Jon