New 4060 Headed My Way

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #1  

Fxfymn

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 HST, FEL; Kubota BX2660
After 12 years with the 3430 I decided to wimp out and go with a cab tractor.:D And frankly, Kubota's 7 year free financing and 6 year warranty made the decision pretty easy. So I went and pulled the trigger on a L4060 HSTC with a LA805 loader, two remotes, and a third function valve for my grapple.

My local dealer, Dickinson Equipment, gave me what I consider to be a very fair price. I deal with him quite a bit and it is a 3 generation family business that I want to keep supporting so it will be there when I need it.

The real irony here is that I had decided that I was done with Kubota because of what I considered to be some basic design issues that caused some reliability issues for me. But, after looking at the competition and reviewing this site to see what other purchasers had to say, IMO Kubota still has the best overall machine by far in this class. That, along with a strong local dealer kept me orange.

I should take delivery in a couple of weeks and I'll let everyone know what I think after I have a chance to play with it.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #2  
Congratulations,I loved my L5030HSTC, but LOVE my L5740HSTC+ and the L60 even a bigger cab. If you didn't get the air ride seat, I highly recommend it, the older you get, the more you'll appreciate it. I also put TnT on mine, never thought I'd need it, but really like it. Looking forward to pictures and you experience/opinion of it.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #3  
Looking at a L4060 HSTC to get me out of the cold & dust on my L3200 myself.

Do you road yours on any hills by chance? My L3200 & the L3560 start wheezing & slowing on the hills I road my machine down. Looking to avoid that.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #4  
It sounds good, let us know how you are getting along with it..

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #5  
After 12 years with the 3430 I decided to wimp out and go with a cab tractor.:D And frankly, Kubota's 7 year free financing and 6 year warranty made the decision pretty easy. So I went and pulled the trigger on a L4060 HSTC with a LA805 loader, two remotes, and a third function valve for my grapple.

My local dealer, Dickinson Equipment, gave me what I consider to be a very fair price. I deal with him quite a bit and it is a 3 generation family business that I want to keep supporting so it will be there when I need it.

The real irony here is that I had decided that I was done with Kubota because of what I considered to be some basic design issues that caused some reliability issues for me. But, after looking at the competition and reviewing this site to see what other purchasers had to say, IMO Kubota still has the best overall machine by far in this class. That, along with a strong local dealer kept me orange.

I should take delivery in a couple of weeks and I'll let everyone know what I think after I have a chance to play with it.

Congrats, you got a great tractor, and you will really appreciate the extra power!

/ New 4060 Headed My Way
Do you road yours on any hills by chance?
I do have a relatively short, but somewhat steep hill that the 3430 would not climb in high range with out slowing way down. (I need to keep letting up on the HST to keep the RPM's up until it is doing about 6 mph) So most of the time I put it back into medium to climb the hill.

The dealer recommended that I go up in power to compensate for the cab weight, but I'm hoping it will have more gitty up than the 3430 open platform has. I thought about the 4760, but the cost went up quite a bit and I needed to draw the line somewhere.

I'll let you know how it does.

Incidentally, I was well on my way to building a cab for the 3430. Most of the basic steel work is done and it just needs assembly and the glass. If anyone wants it they are welcome to come get it for free.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #7  
Thanks, keep me posted. In the same boat, the L3560 is only 2 more HP than my L3200 (which itself is a bit anemic for roading hills, although fine on the flats) & double the weight. So it's way underpowered. Haven't driven a L4060 yet, but did a L4760 & it was nice. A bit expensive for my tastes though.

The 4060 & 4760 have the same frame, but only the 4760 is rated for the bigger loader, which is confusing (and costly).

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #8  
Thanks, keep me posted. In the same boat, the L3560 is only 2 more HP than my L3200 (which itself is a bit anemic for roading hills, although fine on the flats) & double the weight. So it's way underpowered. Haven't driven a L4060 yet, but did a L4760 & it was nice. A bit expensive for my tastes though.

The 4060 & 4760 have the same frame, but only the 4760 is rated for the bigger loader, which is confusing (and costly).
Actually it's 5.1 coming from tractor data....

L3200 31.9 HP Gross
L3560 37. 0 HP Gross

Unless your talking PTO HP.

I looked at this factor when I traded in my l3200 ,of course with a cab it will eat some HP. However coming from a l3200 it was indeed a HP improvement which I didn't have a issue with. I'm happy with my current tractor and the l4060 I'm sure exceeds with the additional HP.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #9  
Actually it's 5.1 coming from tractor data....

L3200 31.9 HP Gross
L3560 37. 0 HP Gross

Unless your talking PTO HP.

I looked at this factor when I traded in my l3200 ,of course with a cab it will eat some HP. However coming from a l3200 it was indeed a HP improvement which I didn't have a issue with. I'm happy with my current tractor and the l4060 I'm sure exceeds with the additional HP.

HP is only part of the equation...

L3200 - 2623lbs (3500ish with loader & loaded tires)
L3560 HSTC - 3880lbs

So the base tractor without loaded tires or a loader MAY do better in my roading test, but any extra HP will be overtaken by 1,500lbs or whatever of loader & bio ballast.

I drove a L3560 with a loader & box blade on some flat ground & it was noticeably more sluggish than my L3200. I'm sure hills would drive me nuts with that. Hence looking at at least a L4060.

I really wish they made a high HP 3000 series instead of having to move up to the only slightly larger 4000 series frame.

JD makes a 3000 series premium machine that's 10% or so physically smaller than the L3560 in 39 & 42 or 47 HP (basically the same size as my l3200 only heavier). Makes me wonder why Kubota has a big hole between the premium Bs & the higher HP small Ls.

/ New 4060 Headed My Way #10  
HP is only part of the equation...

L3200 - 2623lbs (3500ish with loader & loaded tires)
L3560 HSTC - 3880lbs

So the base tractor without loaded tires or a loader MAY do better in my roading test, but any extra HP will be overtaken by 1,500lbs or whatever of loader & bio ballast.

I drove a L3560 with a loader & box blade on some flat ground & it was noticeably more sluggish than my L3200. I'm sure hills would drive me nuts with that. Hence looking at at least a L4060.

I really wish they made a high HP 3000 series instead of having to move up to the only slightly larger 4000 series frame.

JD makes a 3000 series premium machine that's 10% or so physically smaller than the L3560 in 39 & 42 or 47 HP (basically the same size as my l3200 only heavier). Makes me wonder why Kubota has a big hole between the premium Bs & the higher HP small Ls.
True based on the cabbed version l3560 vs the non-cabbed l3200. But on the non-cabbed l3560 the HP/weight ratio is higher (1/129.29-1/113.57)... This is excluding all the other factors (traction,transmission,ect)Regardless all are good tractors. Can't go wrong with any one of them.... Although im partial to Orange