Price Check Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help!

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #1  

gilesrmg

I was quoted the following prices for the noted models:
L3130 DT with Ag tires = $12950
L3430 DT with Ag tires = $13950
L3830 DT with Ag tires = $15350

The following options were quoted:
Glideshift Trans = $1000
Hydro Trans = $1450
R4 Industrial tires = $750 ( quoted for L3130)
LA513 Loader = $3800
LA723 Loader = $4300
Bush Hog 72 in. Rotary Cutter with slip clutch = $1275

Are these prices good?
How do I know what the List prices are?
Is there any way I can find out what's the Dealer cost?

Personal usage info:
I have 12+ acres of land with lots of trees, grass and a pond. I will be adding fencing for horses, building a shed for the horses and my land retains plenty of water during the late winter & spring in a 1 acre area.

Can I get some help?

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #2  
First off, Welcome to TBN. There is more information available here than you can imagine. Spend some time surfing/searching here and figure out what you want.
Here's a link to MSRP's for tractors.
http://www.dot.state.mn.us/equipment/contracts/tr_cpt_utl/
You will have to figure out what percentage your dealer is selling off MSRP. Try several dealers in your area to get prices and run a search here at TBN on the tractor model you want. Limit the search criteria to 1 year to get more current pricing.
Keep in mind that pricing varies quite a bit depending on geographic location.
The dealer is probably the most important part of the equation. Go with the one you feel most comfortable with, even if you have to drive a little further.
You owe it to yourself to try as many different models/variations as you can with respect to brand, size, transmission and options available, because you are the one who will ultimately make the decision and spend the money.
Happy Hunting
Leroy

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #3  
I wouldn't worry about dealer cost. Things work a little different in the tractor market than the car market. Just assume that the dealer needs to make some profit on the sale, so that he'll be there when and if you need service. Your new tractor is much less a commodity item than a F150 pickup truck seems to be these days.

My research indicates that 15% off list on a Kubota is a very good price (and that's probably about where you are on the tractor), but that you might expect a little more discount to be available on all of the extras if you start building a package that includes the FEL and an implement or two at time of purchase.

Have fun shopping, and don't worry about paying too much. It sounds like your dealer's pricing is competitive, and if you are comfortable with him that's a big part of the equation. If not, keep shopping - there's lots of good tractors and dealers out there.

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #4  
Your prices look pretty typical. From what I am seeing, there is not a whole lot of variation in pricing on the tractors. With the L3830 I purchased, I recall the R4's were a considerably cheaper upgrade then the L3430 and L3130 for some reason.

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #5  
Not bad. I paid $14,800 for the L3830 DT with R4's.
$3,800 for the LA723 loader and $1,200 for the Bush Hog Squealer SQ720 with slip clutch.

This was near the end of 2003.

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help!
What transmission did you choose?

Need some feedback on preferences for transmission choices?

I was going to get the manual but now I'm leaning to the GST, what's the consensous out there?

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #7  
Oh boy, that's a huge can of worms to open again. This subject has been debated (sometimes pretty heatedly) plenty of times in the past. Just run a search on hydro vs gear and you will learn all you ever wanted to know about hydro, gear, variations thereof, and what the members of TBN prefer and why. It is an educational experience to say the least.

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #8  
I have the FST. I think the DT designates that.

/ Pricing for GrandL Series Kubotas, need help! #9  
My suggestion is to go give all three a test drive. The DT will be pretty straight forward. The GST will have a learning curve and quite frankly, I think HST, (what I have) isn't so much a learning curve as a familiarization curve that with time will continually show you the potential that may not be so obvious at first.