Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer?

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #1  

plowhog

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1710 / 1758, Ventrac 4500Y / TD9
I have settled on a configuration for my Kubota L6060 cab model. Thank you all for helping.

The tractor, with some land pride equipment, retails for about $65,000. I can pay cash or finance.

The dealer is quoting about $62,000, either for cash or Kubota 0% financing. I like the idea of KTAC insurance so I will probably add that as well.

What are your thoughts about an appropriate cash price or maybe choosing the 0% financing? And about the KTAC insurance? My property is in a forested area and has a very old structure and *nobody* will ever write a new insurance policy if my current one gets cancelled. So I am reluctant to even inquire about adding the tractor to my homeowner policy. Finally, I own two properties that can use a tractor. The L6060 will be used primarily at the first one where the old residence is, but I want the option to occasionally use it at the second location also. I think I read somewhere that KTAC insurance will cover more than one location whereas homeowners is covering only the insured location?

Your ideas?

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #2  
Zero financing is using their money not yours. Your money can continue to earn for you.
KTAC is highly rated by others on this site. I would think it would be better than HO insurance.
As to the price, doesn't hurt to shoot a lower price. Most they will do is say no.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #3  
If you can get 0% Kubota financing - I would certainly go that way. My homeowners policy only covers my tractor while on my property. Call KTAC and inquire about coverage on your second property. KTAC insurance must be good - seldom hear any complaints.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #4  
Zero financing is using their money not yours. Your money can continue to earn for you.

There's no such thing as free money. They don't let you use their money out of the goodness of their heart. The 0% has the interest built into the price. You should be able to get a cash price (deduct).

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #5  
KTAC is a bargain if you finance. If you want it, you'd better finance. After the tractor is paid off the price will triple, or more, in price. And it does cover on the road and at another property. At least it did when I had it. There is (was) a $250 deductible. I used it a couple of times, once on my property and once off, and it turned out very well. The dealer was the appraiser.

Offer 15% less than list price...especially if you have add-ons like implements, accept 10% less than list. It helps if there are other dealers in you area to compete for your business.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #6  
....After the tractor is paid off the price will triple, or more, in price... ....I used it a couple of times...
I think, and it's my opinion, that these 2 statements are related, cause and effect. If you have car insurance and get into a "couple of" accidents, your rate will be going up. :2cents:

As for the OP, did you price out the tractor using K.ubota build your own website? What was that price? The original dealer I went to gave me list price. When walking out the door, he said "if you find a better price, please let me try and match it". Nope, I'm done...

Wait it out and let him call you back... unless he has trouble keeping the tractors in stock. If he can find someone else to buy it at that price, why should he lower the price for you.

PS. WOW that's a chunk of change!!

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #7  
I agree. It seems more likely that rates go up because of claims, not because of who holds the title to the tractor (you or bank).

As was mentioned before the financed price has interest built in for the 0% financing offer. For a cash deal you should be able to get a better price.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #8  
Don't know about the KTAC insurance as our homeowners covers liability on and while raveling between our properties, theft and damage is only good on our primary residence.

I've never seen true 0% financing on any of the five we've bought, cash was always cheaper. Percentages will vary as will willingness to deal. I just hold out until the salesman is crying about taking food out of his kids mouths then go a bit more. Over a week of phone calls and emails, I still got the price down several thousand after his "last best offer"; hate buying cars, tractors etc.

However it works, you'll love your new Grand L and in the long run, what's a few bucks one way or the other.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #9  
If paying cash I would offer $57,000. If going the 0% route the $62,000 dollars quote may be the best you will get. As stated previously, money isn't free. Either way get the insurance. Remember though, the insurance pays for repairs at the Dealership and you have to get the tractor to the Dealership. The L6060 is not a small tractor.

/ Kubota retail price versus dealer quote. What to offer? #10  
You might want to check on free delivery as well as warranty repairs.