JD 4100 or Kubota B2410

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #1  

Eagle

I want to purchase a compact tractor and have narrowed it down to the JD 4100 HST and Kubota B2410 HST. John Deere seems to have the name and a great reputation and Kubota seems to have a great satisfied customer base. I know this is a Kubota page but think many of you have deliberated between these 2 brands. Will I be happy with either or is one superior? What helped you decide between the two?
Thanks for your input.

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #2  
hey eagle,
go with the kubota. i love john deere and grew up on a 2010 but the green paint is expensive. i wouldnt have bought a kubota 10 yrs ago but times are different now and they have a great machine. the deere is no way any better than the kubota. this reply doesnt show much intelligence like you might be lookin for but it is 630 and the coffee here at work aint ready yet. im gettin a new bx2200 next week. of course orange isnt my favorite color but im not buying for looks.
rich

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #3  
Eagle,

I think all you're going to get here are the pro-Kubota responses /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif!!

They are probably both fine tractors. I know people that have each kind, and the tractors are relatively equal. The best argument may be the price/performance issue. How much more are you going to have to pay for green paint?

BTW - We love our B7500. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

The GlueGuy

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #4  
when i decided to buy a new compact i looked at NH, JD, AND KUBOTA. was not impressed with NH(nothing specific) came down to jd or kubota.found kubota 2400 had ALL THE features i wanted, plus i found it easier to get on and off, cleaner deck.so i got the kubota.did like JD hydo pedals tho, side by side instead of heel-toe on kubota. save a few bucks and buy kubota you won't be sorry.

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #5  
Eagle,I looked VERY closely at the new line of compact tractors Deere had to offer about a year and half ago.I ended up getting a Kubota B2710,and very glad that I did after reading about all the problems the 4000 Series was having.I had owned a B2150,so I was well aware of the Kubota quality,but like so many others I was drawn by that pretty green paint.I will say one thing,"if" I were going to buy a Deere compact,it would be the 4100,that model is still built from top to bottom by Janmar in Japan.

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #6  
Hey Eagle,
Both are great little tractors. The JD is 20hp, the Kubota is 24hp. Deere has a deck mounted control for the FEL (front end loader), and a nice side by side pedal combination. Kubota has more engine, and an impecable reputation for reliability. Drive them both, climb on and off a few times, and pick the one you like better. I lean towards the kubota because it seems like a little more tractor, but they're really close. What are you planning to do with the one you buy?
Todd

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #7  
Eagle,

With two great tractors in the running, don't forget to look at the dealers. A good dealer might be enough to make me go one way or the other.

MarkV

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #8  
i too looked at both of the tractors, and found the kubota to be a better buy. plus my JD dealer told me that the 4100 was not powerful enough for the clay dirt we have here in MD and that i "had" to get atleast a 4300. the prices went up and up. i am very pleased with my b2410.

/ JD 4100 or Kubota B2410 #9  
I was trying to choose between 4100 and the B7500. As my luck went, I visited the Green dealer first. He acted like he was doing me a favor by listening to me, and never even went with me to look over the lot. It was noontime and a slow part of the day. I liked the brake arrangement on the 4100, but it wasn't worth the price difference and having to put up with the sales dept. Our local JD dealer dosen't want to work to sell the 15K and 20K compacts. If your not buying a 70K AG tractor, you have to show yourself around. I ended up with an orange. . . . . MOSTLY BECAUSE OF THE DEALER!
Good Luck with whatever path you take. Both are good tractors.