BH92 on any M series Cab?

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Has there ever been an M-series with a cab that had a subframe for the BH92?

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #2  
I know Woods makes one for the BH90X, so Kubota probably does too.

And I'm talking about M not MX series obviously. :D

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #3  
The K website "Build my Kubota" lets you configure an open station M6060 with a factory backhoe, but the cab version of the same tractor does not offer a backhoe option. Neither does the M7060. Doesn't say which backhoe is offered, but I'd suspect it's not the BH92, as that BH is designed to work with the Grand L, MX and L4701 tractors that all ride on smaller tires than the M6060. Thus the BH92 stabilizers are the wrong length to reach the ground on an M6060, and the digging depth, etc. would not be the same.

K only recently modified the BH92 to work with the cab models of the Grand L's. Maybe they haven't done that yet with whatever BH goes on an M6060.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #5  
The K website "Build my Kubota" lets you configure an open station M6060 with a factory backhoe, but the cab version of the same tractor does not offer a backhoe option. Neither does the M7060. Doesn't say which backhoe is offered, but I'd suspect it's not the BH92, as that BH is designed to work with the Grand L, MX and L4701 tractors that all ride on smaller tires than the M6060. Thus the BH92 stabilizers are the wrong length to reach the ground on an M6060, and the digging depth, etc. would not be the same.

K only recently modified the BH92 to work with the cab models of the Grand L's. Maybe they haven't done that yet with whatever BH goes on an M6060.

Just fyi: the tractor-specific subframe determines the height of the hoe off the ground when the stabilizers are up. The subframe can be manufactured that the hoe rides at the same height regardless of tire size. Unless I am missing something. :confused3:

/ BH92 on any M series Cab?
Thanks for the info. My situation is that I have a BH92 and I'm looking into buying a "gently used" cab tractor. I feel like I'd probably be pretty happy in a 60 or 70 M series, but as far as I've been able to determine only the Grand L cabs (2011 or newer ) can accept the subframe. So perhaps I will end up with something like a 5740 or L6060.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #8  
Are you sure you need a subframe for it? When I was looking into getting a mount to put my BH70-X on my M4700 I contacted Woods and they recommended a top-link contraption "3 point hitch Saf-T-lock".

Essentially a beefed up top link used for the Woods BH90.

Attachments

• woods-bh-3point.JPG
    woods-bh-3point.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 162
   / BH92 on any M series Cab? #9  
Just fyi: the tractor-specific subframe determines the height of the hoe off the ground when the stabilizers are up. The subframe can be manufactured that the hoe rides at the same height regardless of tire size. Unless I am missing something. :confused3:

So, you're thinking there might be a special, dropped subframe to allow the BH92 to work on the Mxx40/xx60's with 30" rears (vs. the 24" rears on the GL's)? IOW, a low-rider, maybe :D? That would look pretty cool but would play heck with ground clearance, no? I'm going with Neil's comment... bigger hoe for a bigger tractor.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #10  
Thanks for the info. My situation is that I have a BH92 and I'm looking into buying a "gently used" cab tractor. I feel like I'd probably be pretty happy in a 60 or 70 M series, but as far as I've been able to determine only the Grand L cabs (2011 or newer ) can accept the subframe. So perhaps I will end up with something like a 5740 or L6060.

Kubota changed the BH92 to allow it to fit on Grand L cab models in the last year or two. Don't know if it's a change to the subframe or the hoe unit or both. Maybe a dealer can give you the specifics before you start shopping.