Used Tractor

/ Used Tractor #42  
Whoa! Nice to see a story with a happy ending! Get yourself some 303 Aerospace protectant for the rubber and plastic, some genuine Kubota touch up paint, and you'll have yourself a concours tractor! The link arm must be bent- hopefully you can take it apart and carefully straighten it- as long as the threaded part turns, it doesn't have to be perfect. Other than that, the 3 point looks pretty much un-used? Looks as nice as was described.

Tire chains.com would be one place to start looking- they are pretty knowledgeable. Here's a link to an old thread on that topic, here on TbN: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/tires/160334-tire-chains-r4-tires-3.html
Whatever you choose, just keep in mind you want something that can't fall between the lugs of the tire where they can't help with traction. They will be heavy, and should make your tractor unstoppable. My L3400, with chains, is almost impossible to get stuck, and when it does, the bucket will push you out. I use them mostly for icy conditions. I have front chains, but never have put them on. I have read that they can cause stress on the front axle components??

/ Used Tractor #43  
Now I have to order some chains should I just try a set on the back tires or do all four.It will be on a gravel road it parts of it has a steep grade that gets icy.And what style v-pattern?

17.5-24 Tire Chains
Duo Grip with V-Bars on rear. $$$

Cheap front chains
Amazon.com: Grizzlar GDP-265 Diamond Alloy Tire Chains 265/6-18 265/7-17 265/7-16 265/65-17 LT265/7-17 265/75-16 LT265/75-16 265/65-18 255/55-2 255/5-21 1-17.5: Automotive

If you are worried about slipping down an an embankment, chains on front too.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/374534-how-steer-tractor-r4s-snow.html

/ Used Tractor
Thanks everyone for all your information,my tires are 17.5L-24 I take it there is a differencefrom a 17.5 am I correct?

/ Used Tractor #45  
Take your tape measure and measure the circumference of your tires, and get an idea of distance of the width you want. Chain companies will spec. the length and width of their various chains. They are fairly easy to shorten, using a vise and some pry tools and a hammer to close links, and I have even narrowed some, but that takes more effort. Keep in mind that when you shorten chains, the spacing of the cross links may not be come out perfectly, leaving an open spot, which usually doesn't really affect operation, but doesn't look "perfect". Photo shows some LaClede ladder style chains (turf tires, so I don't need duo-grip) that I shortened considerably, but they were close-out priced ($100 +-) from a dealer that had gone out of business, so no big deal.

P1010762.jpg

/ Used Tractor
mike69440 Thanks but I ordered a set yesterday from Tirechains.com will be here tomorrow