Outrageous Kubota part price increase

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #1  

IDIGIT

Tractor
BS23
I have a 2004 BX23TLB and very little need to remove the backhoe. About once every 3 years the wife wants to pull kids on a wagon so we remove the bh. We know that the mounting levers (KUBOTA part # 75598-11610) will be rusted and must be cut off. Last week we removed the bh and as usual we heated and cut off the handle. We have purchased this part (2each) 4 times and the cost was 26.57 for each handle. When we called the dealer to place the order he quoted the price of $280.57 each! An online search reflected the price of 28.00 from suppliers but when called to place the order they informed us that Kubota had in fact "raised the price" for this part but they don't know why. I thought this type of behavior only went on in the pharmaceutical industry!

If anyone identifies a supplier for this part at a reasonable price please send me an email.

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #2  
I have a 2004 BX23TLB and very little need to remove the backhoe. About once every 3 years the wife wants to pull kids on a wagon so we remove the bh. We know that the mounting levers (KUBOTA part # 75598-11610) will be rusted and must be cut off. Last week we removed the bh and as usual we heated and cut off the handle. We have purchased this part (2each) 4 times and the cost was 26.57 for each handle. When we called the dealer to place the order he quoted the price of $280.57 each! An online search reflected the price of 28.00 from suppliers but when called to place the order they informed us that Kubota had in fact "raised the price" for this part but they don't know why. I thought this type of behavior only went on in the pharmaceutical industry!

If anyone identifies a supplier for this part at a reasonable price please send me an email.

Wow. Better hurry up and buy it. Just looked the part up at my local K dealer. $265.40 each.

Any way to fab the part yourself? Maybe from stainless to keep it from rusting up?

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #3  
They are ready to "obsolete" the part,,,
the remaining ones go to those who REALLY need it,,,

I see it all the time.

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #4  
I don't know what these levers look like, but it might be time to start "exercising" them along with a little anti-sieze or fluid film every 6 months or so if it is possible.:confused3:

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase
I have the ones I torched off. I'm on my way to my shop this morning to get the welder ready today. It's such a simple part and the price I paid for the parts were good with me at the time but now the picture has changed and I will replace the pipe portion and replace the damaged parts.

26.57 was not worth the aggrevation, 280.57 x 2 I can stand a little aggrevation, beside I have a welder!

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #6  
$26.57 will buy you a tub of anti-seize compound. Fantastic product and won't wash off. Seems like the better option to me.:confused3:

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #7  
$26.57 will buy you a tub of anti-seize compound. Fantastic product and won't wash off. Seems like the better option to me.:confused3:

Not to change the subject, but... in all my years, I've not heard of 'anti-seize compound'. I just looked it up and it sounds great. How and what do you use it on? Its basically an anti-Loctite... is that correct? But if so... does it result in abnormal loosening? Or is it only used on things which are 'attached' but need to remain loose, such as levers etc?

How do you use it and on what do you use it?

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #8  
A can of anti-seize is a must have- just smear some on anything you intend to take apart in the future, and bingo. It also works like a lubricant when tightening. If something can loosen, anti-seize won't really hasten that much, but it sure won't prevent it, either. Precautions against loosening should always be considered, if that's an issue.
Just out of curiosity, I checked Messicks: sure enough, $280.77! Nuts.

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #9  
I,m thinking someone in Kubota got the decimal point in the wrong place, and then of course, it just follows along to everyone else. Any dealers on here that can dig into this problem a bit ?
Has anyone actually tried to contact Kubota HQ to try and find out what really caused the price to jump so far in one shot ?

/ Outrageous Kubota part price increase #10  
Not to change the subject, but... in all my years, I've not heard of 'anti-seize compound'. I just looked it up and it sounds great. How and what do you use it on? Its basically an anti-Loctite... is that correct? But if so... does it result in abnormal loosening? Or is it only used on things which are 'attached' but need to remain loose, such as levers etc?

How do you use it and on what do you use it?

Anti seize compound has been around for a long time. I've been using it over 40 years now. I use it on pretty much every nut or bolt I install that at some point later I want to remove. I use it on bolts that go through a sleeve that has no grease fittings etc. Currently the anti seize I'm using is a mixture of copper and graphite. Its used as a lubricant that coats the metal with a protective barrier that guards against rust, corrosion, and galling of threaded connections. I also use the regular silver colored anti seize but my supplier was out the last time I bought. I also use it on lug nuts and the back of wheels when I rotate tires or do a brake job. Have you ever removed your lug nuts and found the wheel stuck to the brake drum or wheel hub. Anti seize will prevent that.