Selling

/ Selling #1  

steveky

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ L3010HST, BX 1800
How do you post a four sale ad

/ Selling #3  
Not to discourage you from using TbN, but I have had good luck selling tractors on Craig's List, and using a free limited Tractorhouse ad as well. CL seems to work fairly well, and it is painless.

/ Selling #4  
I agree with varmint. I too have sold a tractor and many other items on CL. More local people are viewing CL. I sold mine in less than a week.
TBN is worldwide and not too many people want to travel hundreds or thousands of miles to look at a tractor.

/ Selling #5  
TBN is by far has THE worst classified section--I am a member on several forums and I cannot understand why they can't figure it out!
This is a great forum-but good God, it CANT be that hard to set up a sub thread titled "For Sale"

As always, the moderator will send me a note telling me how easy it is to post a sale ad.....
All you have to do is re-configure your TCP/IP address and edit your Register Dot confit files to allow JAVA to access you ID-10T log......

Just do Craig's list......

Moderator bring it on!!

BN

/ Selling #6  
I sold my L2250 by hanging a for sale sign on it at the entrance to my driveway when I was working there last fall. It took just over an hour for 1 neighbor and 4 landscape crews to stop and check it out. Kubotas are hot items.

/ Selling #7  
This is a timely subject. I just looked at the Classified section, ahhh, not much there to draw in hits, not going to bother listing my machine there. What gives? TBN should look at the For Sale sections on Expedition Portal. Tons of ads, tons of traffic. The "For Sale by Owner" section should be part of the main Forum, probably around where Projects/Tires/Hydraulics etc. is now. Two sub-sections, "Tractors" and "Attachments/Accessories". They'd be surprised how much traffic it would add to the site.

/ Selling
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've had lots of call from just having a sign on it at the end of the driveway.

/ Selling #9  
What do you have for sale and how much? That's the best way to sell "stuff" is to tell what you have and how much whether here or on Craigslist or Facebook local sale sites.

/ Selling #10  
I dont bother with online forums. Usually the only interested parties are 750 miles away and dont want to pay shipping on a 100 pound part...

Ive given up on FeeBay, they take too much of a cut...

Craigslist I hate, because people always want to trade an Xbox with 44 games for a $7500 quad. Or some jamoke who thinks a 15 year old sled with 5500 miles is somehow worth $3500. My items eventually do sell, but I put up with a lot of BS beforehand.

This go-around, Im just gonna trade in my B7610. Dealer has offered 1000 less than what I wanted if I sold it privately.