New tractor, great dealer

/ New tractor, great dealer #1  

JimP

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC; Volvo ECR88 excavator; Dresser TD9H dozer; Bandit RM990 chipper (sold)
Really liked my 5240 HSTC. The loader was strong and the cab comfortable whether plowing in a snowstorm or brush hogging on a 90 degree sunny day. I bought it used and put another 800 hours on it with only normal maintenance. But as the hours built up I started looking for a replacement. I found a low hour 5460 HSTC at Marshall Machinery. After a road trip the deal was done. 5460 HSTC with just over 200 hours and LA1055 loader. Added R1 tires with rears loaded 50%, 3 rear remotes, front remote, rear wiper, rear work lights and radio. They delivered the tractor a few weeks later and picked up the 5240. A couple hours of adjusting, greasing, tagging and just playing to get a feel. Now ready for real work, wrapped round bales were being delivered that Sunday. Drop the bucket, attach the bale spear and head to the road to start moving bales. DISASTER - the tractor would not pick up round bales off the trailer. I ended up pushing the round bales off the trailer to the side of the road. The 3 point also had no lifting power. Everything went up and down but there was no lift power front or rear.

I texted my salesman and he responded a few minutes later, the service manager would call me first thing Monday morning. I ran some hydraulic pressure tests Sunday and Monday. Based on these tests they sent a truck to pick up the 5460 and drop a loaner tractor, a 6+ hour round trip. Three days later and another 6 hour trip they had the 5460 back and no problem picking up round bales. Thanks to Marshall Machinery, Dave and Jon.

/ New tractor, great dealer #2  
Nope didn't happen, I don't believe you. Pics = Proof lol

Come on man, show off that new tractor!

Good to hear everything worked out.

/ New tractor, great dealer #3  
Good to here and congrats on the new rig.

There are great dealerships out there... all colours. :thumbsup:

/ New tractor, great dealer #4  
Congrats on your new investment..your going to like it a lot. :thumbsup:

/ New tractor, great dealer #5  
Where is Marshall Machinery?

/ New tractor, great dealer #6  
Marshall Machinery is near Scranton Pa. That level of service is nice to hear about. I've never dealt with them, but they have one of the largest inventories of used Kubotas I have seen advertised in the NY/PA area.

Will

/ New tractor, great dealer #7  
I've been tempted to take a detour off I-84 to check them out. I see their ad's in various places and they have a good website with lot's of new & used inventory. Nice to hear about that level of support & service.

/ New tractor, great dealer
Pics are coming once the sun is out long enough to take some. Haven't put many hours on the new tractor but so far I like some features more than the old tractor, like some features less and ask what was Kubota thinking on a few. Jim.

/ New tractor, great dealer
OK, a couple of bad pictures to prove the tractor happened.

IMG_0229.JPGIMG_0228.JPG

/ New tractor, great dealer #10  
Scranton? That's where Dunder Mifflin is located! Lol