Ordering new M7060, got a few questions

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #1  

Gomer pyle

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5090E
I committed to a M7060HD12 last Thursday. My dealer said that the Kubota dealer site listed everyting except front tires available to ship as of that day. He told me he expected 2-3 weeks for delivery(then a week for him to assemble) and said he would email or call as soon as he had definite dates. I haven't heard from him and called today. He acted like he had no idea what I was talking about and that he told me at least 3 weeks.

I realize I probably overreacting and just excited but I don't want this to drag out for months. What is the norm for those that have ordered new Kubotas? The way he answered worried me more than the answer(but I realize he may have been busy, etc).

I think I sold my old tractor too soon, LOL. Now I wife is complaining about how tall everything is and that I need to get it clipped.:laughing:

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #2  
You are correct you don't know what was going on in his world when you called him. Very smart and sharp to realize that. If convenient to drop by and have easy conversation with him. You can thank him for his help, tell him all the work waiting on the tractor...if you are buying tractor from him he should work to help you and you want a good relationship with the sales person and the dealership. Unless you have signed contract or paid he has more to loss than you.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #3  
When we bought our M8540 they told me it would take four to six weeks to get one, so we bought one off the lot. It didn't have some of the things we wanted, but we could not afford to wait. Getting a new machine set up the way you want takes a longer than I imagined.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #4  
I've been told 6-8 weeks to order from Kubota, but that with dealer trades, he can acquire a M7060HDC12 pretty quickly and add whatever else I need to it.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #5  
When I ordered my M7060HDC12 it took about 3 weeks to arrive. It came with the loader installed and the dealer added the 2nd remote, air ride seat, and Kubota 3rd function. Dealer also widened rear tire setting and swapped the rear wheel weights from my M6060. It took the dealer about a week to install the add on stuff.

In the end it was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions
PS, what ETA did the dealer quote you? My main concern/question is, how accurate is Kubota's ETA. I considered taking a 8 speed he had in stock but it wasn't what I wanted, so I'm forcing myself to wait.
Thanks for all the replies.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #7  
If your dealer wanted to, he could get a tractor from another dealer and install any options that you want that it does not have. Usually, such transactions can be consummated within days (2 or 3).

There is a reason why your dealer has not mentioned this option to you but I do not know his reasoning. Dealers can often make more money on such deals.

SDT

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions
He did mention it but he didn't really want to plus he told me there weren't any close enough to transfer without me paying for a haul bill.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #9  
I ordered a M7060 Dec 31. They said it would be in in late Feb or early March. I had it mid Feb.

/ Ordering new M7060, got a few questions #10  
PS, what ETA did the dealer quote you? My main concern/question is, how accurate is Kubota's ETA. I considered taking a 8 speed he had in stock but it wasn't what I wanted, so I'm forcing myself to wait.
Thanks for all the replies.

I was sitting with the dealer/owner who I have know and done alot of bussiness with when he called his Kubota rep to place my order. One of the things my dealer did was to tell the rep that this was a "retail" order/sale. I think this is done so the rep knows that its not an order to sit on the lot, but rather for a paying customer. The dealer said it would take 3-4 weeks, and after about 3 weeks he called me one morning and said that they had just unloaded my beautiful new MDC7060 12 speed tractor and they had all the kits in hand. It then took him about a week to do the other add on's. It was worth the wait for me..... for you and perhaps others it might not be. Good Luck whetever you decide.