Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #1  

joesco

Silver Member
I've just listed my L2900 GST for sale on C/L and want a newer, smaller Kubota. I found 2 candidates.

Thoughts and advice...

The B2910 is a 2009 has 809 hours, loader and a 60" belly mower.

The BX2370 is a 2013 has 167 hours, loader, QA bucket, QA forks, and 54" belly mower. I converted my L2900 to QA and love it!

Both are $12,900.00.

I like the B2910 because of its 4 cylinder.

I l like the B2370 because of the Quick Attach and the fact it looks brand new!

Thoughts on prices would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks folks!

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #2  
1st, have you called Barlows or your local dealer to check prices. Not sure that a new BX isn't close to that price and with free interest and warranty my be cheaper if your financing your purchase.
Having owned a tractor you should know your needs much better than anyone here. The lift capacity and ground clearance of the B will be better than the BX with the BX being a tad more manuverable than the B. The B will be heavier for traction. The BX will be lighter for lighter needs, don't know what they would be. The B isn't better than the BX it's just bigger and in this case more HP and more hours and sadly a 4 cylinder which you think is a good thing?
What did you do with the tractor your selling? Just mow? The BX will also be the better mower than the B.
Call Barlows for a new price of each.

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370
1st, have you called Barlows or your local dealer to check prices. Not sure that a new BX isn't close to that price and with free interest and warranty my be cheaper if your financing your purchase.
Having owned a tractor you should know your needs much better than anyone here. The lift capacity and ground clearance of the B will be better than the BX with the BX being a tad more manuverable than the B. The B will be heavier for traction. The BX will be lighter for lighter needs, don't know what they would be. The B isn't better than the BX it's just bigger and in this case more HP and more hours and sadly a 4 cylinder which you think is a good thing?
What did you do with the tractor your selling? Just mow? The BX will also be the better mower than the B.
Call Barlows for a new price of each.
Thanks! I've used my L2900 with a PTO Chipper, 8.5 Curtis Snowplow, 4' Brush Hog and material handling.

A lot of positive feedback on Barrows, but I would think shipping to NH would be steep???

I looked at their website and they have a lot used Kubotas but no pricing. It maybe worth a call because my local dealer is very expensive and pretty much a monopoly in NH!

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #4  
I have both, but if I had a 60 inch mid mount mower for 2910 the bx would be gone. Sometimes it's smaller size is handy but the lack of position control is hard to get used to.

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #5  
Thanks! I've used my L2900 with a PTO Chipper, 8.5 Curtis Snowplow, 4' Brush Hog and material handling.

A lot of positive feedback on Barrows, but I would think shipping to NH would be steep???

I looked at their website and they have a lot used Kubotas but no pricing. It maybe worth a call because my local dealer is very expensive and pretty much a monopoly in NH!

The BX would handle most of your implements but not sure about the Curtis 8.5 snowplow, would have doubts on that.
Barlows (Marvin retired Army does the deliveries, great guy) delivers to New England states and when they combine orders they save money. They also take trade ins on the phone. I've traded them several and he's (Steve Barlow) never looked at my trade in before the trade. He mostly trusts people to tell him the truth and sometimes shouldn't. I know lots of New Englanders say they save thousands and that's with the shipping included. May be worth a call.

The BX would handle most of your implements but not sure about the Curtis 8.5 snowplow, would have doubts on that.
Barlows (Marvin retired Army does the deliveries, great guy) delivers to New England states and when they combine orders they save money. They also take trade ins on the phone. I've traded them several and he's (Steve Barlow) never looked at my trade in before the trade. He mostly trusts people to tell him the truth and sometimes shouldn't. I know lots of New Englanders say they save thousands and that's with the shipping included. May be worth a call.
Thanks, will call them today. The Curtis snowplow is going with the L2900.

Pulled the trigger on a one owner BX2230, with an FEL, 58" MMM and 480 hours, ran great, no cosmetic flaws. A used BX is very scarce in NH.

The two mentioned in my first post were sold, shortly after I posted my question!

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #8  
Pulled the trigger on a one owner BX2230, with an FEL, 58" MMM and 480 hours, ran great, no cosmetic flaws. A used BX is very scarce in NH.

The two mentioned in my first post were sold, shortly after I posted my question!

Congratulations! My first of over 20 Kubotas was a BX2200 FEL MMM about 13 years ago. It got me started buying tractors because it did so much more than I thought the "little tractor" would do so I wanted to do more and needed more ground clearance so I moved up in size to a B7800 FEL and a BX1500MMM for mowing. You'll love the BX2230.

Congratulations! My first of over 20 Kubotas was a BX2200 FEL MMM about 13 years ago. It got me started buying tractors because it did so much more than I thought the "little tractor" would do so I wanted to do more and needed more ground clearance so I moved up in size to a B7800 FEL and a BX1500MMM for mowing. You'll love the BX2230.
Thanks, it arrives tomorrow. Just need to sell my L2900!

/ Help with new purchase B2910 vs BX2370 #10  
Thanks, it arrives tomorrow. Just need to sell my L2900!

You need to tell a price, location, hours and attachments so we can know. Or is it a secret sell?:)