Pulled the trigger on the B7800.

/ Pulled the trigger on the B7800. #1  

GANGGREEN

Tractor
Kubota B7800
First time poster, long time lurker here. I pulled the trigger on a B7800 with folding ROPS, loaded R4s, FEL and 72"mmm. I paid about $17,800 for the rig. I also added a 60" Landpride rotary cutter and a 64" Landpride tiller.

My only question as of now is in regards to the tiller. I had originally asked about a 58" Landpride tiller thinking it would be "about right" for the tractor. The dealer quoted me a retail of about $2400 on the 15 series and told me that he'd sell me the implements at his cost to get me to buy the rig. He claimed his cost on the tiller was $1800. I didn't really believe him at the time but it seemed like a fair price based on what I've seen elsewhere. Anyway, when the time came to seal the deal he explained that he didn't have the tiller but that he did have a 64" 20 series and that he'd let me have it for the same price. That would appear to blow holes in his contention that he was selling it to me at his cost. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge him a profit and think he made me a fair deal, I just don't like being misled. Anyway, the 20 series tiller for the same price as the smaller 15 series seems like a no-brainer.

Anyway, on to my question. Will the B7800 handle the 64" tiller alright or should I ask him just to order the 58 incher for me? I'll use it primarily to till up a small garden and for tilling pumpkin patches and wildlife food plots. Thanks in advance. By the way, I'm expecting delivery either today or tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Pulled the trigger on the B7800. #2  
congrats on the new tractor. One thing to think about is that he might have made some room in something else to sell you the tiller for the same price.

there is only six inches between the two tillers. I am sure that the b7800 can handle the bigger one. But I don't know what the weight difference between the 15 series and the 20 series is. You might go the web site and find out.

Donald B.

/ Pulled the trigger on the B7800.
Thanks Teach. I recognize that he may have taken a small loss on the tiller and made it up elsewhere, I just don't think it's very likely. Like I said before, I don't begrudge him the ability to make a living, I just like to be dealt with honestly.

As for the tillers, the 2064 weighs in at 565 and the 1558 goes about 430 so the weight difference isn't that great.

/ Pulled the trigger on the B7800. #4  
I'm jealous!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
The 7800 with the round headlight would be my ideal tractor!!!! I just think (naa, I know) that it is too big for my primary use - mowing. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Pulled the trigger on the B7800. #5  
Congrats on the tractor, I know you will enjoy it. Post pictures when you get them.