Ordered a new L2501!

/ Ordered a new L2501! #11  
My wife and I bought an L2501 HST last December. It is an excellent tractor. I suspect you will be very pleased. We have a 65 acre tree farm and the tractor does everything we need done.

/ Ordered a new L2501! #12  
Looks good! Do you think the engine exhaust sounds loud?

/ Ordered a new L2501! #13  

It is a little loud. This is our first tractor so I don't know how it compares to other tractors. I guess that I am so delighted in being able to get all our roads bush hogged in an afternoon that I overlooked the exhaust noise level.

/ Ordered a new L2501! #14  
Very nice! Lets make it look like this...
Travis

20170204_153945s.jpg

/ Ordered a new L2501! #16  
I bought one about a year ago and just did the 50 hour service myself. I have the DT with ag tires as I use it for farming. I absolutely love this tractor.

/ Ordered a new L2501! #17  

I have read complaints about the L2501 and engine noise. Prior to purchasing my L2501, I borrowed 2 other tractors regularly. A B7800 and a L39TLB.
The B7800 at PTO speed was the loudest. My ears would ring after an hour of mowing without ear protection. The L39 at PTO speed is loud but not as loud as the B7800. To me, from the operator seat, the L2501 is comparable to the L39. It is loud but not ear ringing loud.
Now to be fair, I did not compare to the L3301. So I do not know the difference between the L2501 and the L3301. I would expect the 3301 to be quieter only because of the DPF which is in essence a big muffler.
I love my L2501 and was surprised when had heard some guys complaining about noise.

/ Ordered a new L2501! #18  
I started my 50 hour service a little early. All I have left is the HST filters. I have been told that I will need to add some hydraulic fluid when I change the HST filters. I am ordering some.

Travis, I would love a brush grapple but my wife tells me a PTO chipper is next.

After this thread, I may start wearing earplugs when bush hogging or using the disk harrow.

One other thing about our L2501 is how fuel efficient it is. I can bushhog for four or 5 hours and only use around a quarter of a tank of diesel. I am amazed.