What should I expect to pay?

/ What should I expect to pay? #1  

Mxracer394

Tractor
None
This will be my first time purchasing a tractor. I'm thinking about a l3301 without the front end loader. Debating on 4wd. Im going to be keeping up about 5 acres and maybe 1 time a year clearing off 50 or so acres. I'm about to start building a new house on my wife's family land that I have purchased. It's several hundred acres but I don't intend in keeping all of it up. I have access to a skid steer and dozer so I don't see the fel ring needed. I'm just curious what I should experience expect to spend. I am clueless when It comes to tractors.

/ What should I expect to pay? #2  
Clearing land and building a house, good for you. IMHO, you should definitely get 4wd and a loader. Oh....and consider going up a size or two on the tractor itself. You can mow hay with the same size of tractor that is most helpful for clearing and building, but for mowing a grass lawn you are better off with a dedicated lawn mowing machine.

On the tractor, it's your buddy & your workhorse. You're probably suffering sticker shock right now, but consider that this is the tool you will be using more than any other. Tractors typically last for decades with little or no maintenance. I'm betting you'll be glad for both the 4WD and a loader.
rScotty

/ What should I expect to pay? #3  
I agree with rScotty. You will never regret getting 4WD and a front end loader with bucket or grapple. With proper maintenance a tractor will easily outlive you - no matter how old you are right now. Its not like a car that has to be traded in every ten years or so.

And for what you are considering - I would recommend you move up to a 50 hp model rather than the 33 hp you mention. Bigger implements, easier & quicker to complete tasks, ability to take on larger tasks and actually complete them.

/ What should I expect to pay? #4  
:welcome:
From what many have experienced, you should expect to pay any where from 10-15% off the retail build price on Kubota's website. Highly recommend checking out a few dealerships and their service departments as well. Go for a few test drives and see what you like and will suit your needs. You'll get a bunch of good info here....keep in mind some folks have no problem spending your money with their suggestions!:money:

I have essentially the same tractor model you are considering with the exception of HP. Personally, I would not consider anything without 4WD.

Good luck researching and shopping; that can be half the fun!!

/ What should I expect to pay?
I'm going today to check out the nearest dealer. I am shocked by sticker price I guess because I thought 3800 for my mower was a lot. I'm hoping I will be able to get the 0% for 84. Don't want to come off too much cash or have too much debt when i got to close on my new home. I thinking about the mx4800 now

/ What should I expect to pay? #6  
Yes, if you end up buying a new 45-50 hp Kubota its going to feel somewhat like standing in the middle of the freeway and being hit by a semi going 70. Other brands will be a little less but a new one that meets tier 4 and will have all the "goodies" is a major purchase.

Just remember that its a purchase that can be for the remainder of your life - if you choose wisely, grasshopper.

Don't be shy when evaluating the dealerships - some day you might have to deal with them. Go and have a talk with the service manager - ask about the service record for the model you are considering. Are there any major problems with that model.

/ What should I expect to pay? #7  
You might want to hold off on financing a tractor until after closing on your home. With all the hoops they make you jump through to qualify for the loan these days its best to not have a big car or tractor payment weighing you down.

Right after you close on your house, then go over to the Kubota dealer and get that MX4800.....:)

/ What should I expect to pay? #8  
What willthe tractor be doing? Just mowing? Even so, you'd want 4wd just in case you get stuck. If you are going to mow more than 5 acres at all, you need a bigger machine. My firmer L3200 (same machine minus emissions) would mow about an acre an hour in flat open pasture or field. 50 acres would be a full time job for 2 weeks when you start accounting for overhead like fuel, maintenance obstacles & fatigue.

Tractors transport across property WAY faster & easier than a skid steer, which is easier than a dozer. So you'd likely go for a tractor with loader over your skid steer a lot if you need to drive any ways to a job site. You'll need ballast up front for most mowers too. A loader is pretty expensive compared to plates, but a lot more flexible.

/ What should I expect to pay? #9  
I'd want 40-50 hp - minimum - based upon your original post.

Your budget will largely dictate your choices.

/ What should I expect to pay? #10  
Parish Tractor (Poplarville), Crain Tractor & Equipment (Columbia)& Toomey Equipment (Lucedale) were within $500 of each other when spec'd the same.

I ended up with the L3560 & LA805 FEL, 60" rotary cutter and 72" bionic-type blade for cutting 4 acres and maintaining a 1/4 mile driveway.

The first mow was extremely slow due to the height of the grass (Bermuda/Bahia that hadn't been cut since last year). Should not be a problem next time if this flippin' rain would ever stop.

I'm starting to look for an attachment that will allow the tractor to float or just build an ark.