Buying Advice Rebates less generous after 6/30/17

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #1  

RT383

Tractor
Kubota 3680, soon to be B2601
Hello,

Just wondering if anybody else is hearing rebates will be smaller after June. I was told a B2601 with 2
implements would be about a 1000 more come July. Thanks

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #2  
A dealer I was at yesterday mentioned the same thing but he thought it would depend on the model. He also suspected a change in the 0% rates for financing.

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #3  
Maybe someone from Messicks will chime in. Conversations with the folks at my dealership indicate that they don't have any advance notice of changes in rebates or financing options.

Steve

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #4  
I was told July 1, but they might bring them back again soon, who knows...

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #5  
Well, 1st of July is the beginning of the financial year, so businesses of all ilk are making deals to clear their stock.

Down here, 1 July is also 'Tax Time'. We're being bombarded by EOFY and tax write-off commercials. (not to mention charity phone calls, prior to month's end)

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #6  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum RT. I take it that you are looking to get a new tractor but maybe not just now?

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #7  
Well, 1st of July is the beginning of the financial year, so businesses of all ilk are making deals to clear their stock.

The fiscal year start is different for different organizations. I looked it up and Kubota follows the calendar year (starts Jan 1). I'm sure most dealers do also, since that is what most private businesses do.

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17
In the late stages of having house built, maybe 4+ plus weeks from being finished. So not in a hurry but, at the same time, if prices and financing are going up, then maybe it's time to at least get it ordered...thanks for the welcome

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #9  
In the late stages of having house built, maybe 4+ plus weeks from being finished. So not in a hurry but, at the same time, if prices and financing are going up, then maybe it's time to at least get it ordered...thanks for the welcome

I don't think simply ordering is enough to lock in a rebate or financing. They have to be able to identify a specific tractor.

/ Rebates less generous after 6/30/17 #10  
I don't think simply ordering is enough to lock in a rebate or financing. They have to be able to identify a specific tractor.

I recently discovered that an order placed by the dealer locks in the "deal" for so many days not affected by the calendar. The incentives changed after the first of the month and I canceled the old undelivered deal and reordered a "different" deal which saved me several hundred dollars. Was it the same serial number tractor, don't know and don't care. Ask your dealer how long, if your close, the price agreement is "locked in". Then proceed accordingly. The end of the month could be a good time to buy a Kubota and "straddle" the interest/incentives between the two months. Just my own personal experience and I have bought a few new Kubotas.:D